1997 CORRATEC JoeBow

JamesLee

Retrobike Rider
So this just touched down today after finding it on a German Version of ebay, most of you will be used to seeing or seen at least once corratecs most popular bike the TeamBow, well this is it's Underdog counterpart The Joe bow, Ive been digging around for information on it for the last 2 weeks translating endless amounts of german and polish text, emailing corratec themselves and they have provided me with a number of corratec catalogues to sift through and spec sheets :LOL: The bike is stunning, two shades of blue with a yellow Corratec decal sat on a comic background, so without me boring you to shreds here a few pictures of this stunning bike, i cant wait to sling it down the trails :)

Re:

Looks even better in the flesh and really surprised me how light it is!

Great find mate, fantastic to see something a little different :D

Re:

magas":3977u5vg said:
nice Corratec Joe Bow :)

did you got the 97 vintage brochure from Corratec ?

Thanks matey, and yes i have 96-2002 brochures, a parts catalog, and a full range spec list. i will forward them on to FluffyChicken so he can put in the archives :)

Re: Re:

JamesLee":17qhrt6f said:
magas":17qhrt6f said:

Thanks matey, and yes i have 96-2002 brochures, a parts catalog, and a full range spec list. i will forward them on to FluffyChicken so he can put in the archives :)

grant, mate - cheers for that :D

Re: Re:

JamesLee":2eduw0ns said:
magas":2eduw0ns said:

Thank you! :)

Pictures do look good James, you do love your oddball stuff dont you haha!

Will be good to have a look at it after all the 'unwrapping' pictures you were messaging earlier!

wow! looks ace buddy...........except the brakes ;) this one a rider or summer cruiser?

longun":3b12mh1z said:
wow! looks ace buddy...........except the brakes ;) this one a rider or summer cruiser?

Thanks chris :) The brakes are original catalogue spec and a bit of an oddity, Branded Picon which corratec rolled out on most of their models, seems to work quite well, they function for both V and Cantilever. i have a feeling they are the German Tektro spin offs.
im tempted to roll out XTR all round and make it a bit of a trail blazer later in the year, if i can bring myself to get rid of the yellow :LOL:

DICKO10":3b12mh1z said:
Nice and different man

Cheers matey i've not seen one before so it was a case of click and buy :)

Back