My 1993 Black Custom GT Zaskar LE

MikeWarner

Retro Guru
Hi. I recently finished putting my GT Zaskar back together. IT is a 1993 frame and pretty much all components are from the mid '90s. I hope you like it. :)

Also, check out this retro tricks and trails video from the mid '90 too, it is of me and my brother - I'm on my Zaskar, my brother is on a GT Avalanche.

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/vBTube.php?do=view&vidid=J7nRr25duNM

zaskar1.jpg

zaskar2.jpg

zaskar4.jpg

zaskar3.jpg

Frame: 1993 GT Zaskar LE in Rare Black 16" (graphics are not original)

Fork: Rockshox Quadra 10

Headset: Tioga Aheadset
Stem: ControlTec 160mm 0 dergee rise
Handlebar: Club Roost
Grips: Yeti

Brakes: Paul's Components cantilevers, Black.
Brake Pads: Aztec
Brake Cables: Clarks
Cantilever cable hangers: Paul's Components
Brake Levers: Diacompe (997?)

Shifters: Shimano Deore LX STI
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX bottom Pull
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT with blue alloy jockey
Derailleur Cables: Clarkes
Cassette: 8sp Shimano Deore XT 11-28
Chain: Shimano XT
Cranks: Middleburn Rhino (RS1?)
Crank Bolts: Middleburn Self Extracting Titanium
Chainrings: Middleburn 24T, 36T and Rock Ring Technical Series
Chainring bolts: Alloy
Bottom Bracket: Tange hollow cromo
Pedals: GT DX Style platfroms

Hub Skewers: GT Titanium
Rims: Mavic M230TIB and M217SUP
Hubs: Hope Titanium hypergide 32 spoke rear, Hope 28 spoke titanium front
Nipples: DT
Spokes: Butted DT
Tyres: Original Onza Porcupine 2.1 Kevlar
Tubes: Halfords cheap crap

Saddle: Filte Titanium
Seatpost: USE Alloy
Seatpost Binder: Miche

Bottle Cage: Ringle
Other: Various Alloy and Titanium Bolts

Weight: Circa 23lbs (yes, really!)

cchris2lou":d3ylryho said:
nice , but it needs some flat bars , and some proper pedals ( SPD ) .

Was just thinking that.....and I'm unsure about the chainset.

But, lovely colour ;)

cchris2lou":9nqam1mk said:
But they are period parts. I was one of the first to have risers on a MTB. People used to look at me funny because of them, how things have changed. I managed to find some allloy bars made for a shopper bike (in Greece), before they were being made for MTBs. I think I have some Salsa flat bars somewhere, Maybe some blue USE bar somewhere too.

Regarding the pedals, I do have some Onza clipless pedals, and some old SPDs too. :)

MikeWarner":3apaj6an said:
cchris2lou":3apaj6an said:
But they are period parts. I was one of the first to have risers on a MTB. People used to look at me funny because of them, how things have changed. I managed to find some allloy bars made for a shopper bike (in Greece), before they were being made for MTBs. I think I have some Salsa flat bars somewhere, Maybe some blue USE bar somewhere too.

Regarding the pedals, I do have some Onza clipless pedals, and some old SPDs too. :)

I like your risers. I had some Ross Shafer Go-Bars on the EWR in 1994, so I think your bars are spot on...especially for a bike with a hard edge reputation like the Zaskar. Good Stuff!

MikeWarner":izv842sh said:
cchris2lou":izv842sh said:

That is so true, i had risers on my 94 Lava Dome in 95. and everyone used to say to me is why do you want ot put cowhorns on a bike - lol.

Nice bike btw :cool:

It seems funny that this is what a trials bike used to be (but with the saddle down!). I actually have a GT Hans "No Way" Rey limited edition too. Trials bikes these days are so much more focused.

MikeWarner":3lwrd2e1 said:
It seems funny that this is what a trials bike used to be (but with the saddle down!).

Yup.

BITD for 'faffing', I'd put a riser bar, DCD and flatties on my MTB, and bingo, a trials bike! Now look at them, no saddles, Maguras, mini wheels etc :LOL:

Back