Fat Chance 10th Anniversary number 51: Updated 18-01-2015

Barnefield

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
After building up a lot of Klein's, a Mantis Flying V, McMahon, Merlin, Cannondale SM700 it is now time to show you something else. A steel bike. Steel is real! ;-)

When I got it the frame was in medium condition. Lot of scratches and little rust and 1 dent.
I decided to ship the frame to Gerrit. He told me he could save the original paint and only paint the scratches after got rid of the rust. So we did. He got is and after a couple of mounths he told me he could not match the silver and purple color. It was too difficult. So the only thing he did was getting rid of the rust and sealed the scratcht area's. Conserved!

Question 1: Who nows more about the 2 colors. Is it matchable?
Question 2: Is it possible to get out the dent?

More to come...

Re: Fat Chance 10th Anniversary number 51

Nice one! I have to get a Chance one day, allthough that will be an early '80's.
What are the plans with it?

Re:

Great to see that its been used. Looking forward to the rebuild of what looks like a M/L ? :)

Re: Fat Chance 10th Anniversary number 51

Little update, see first post.

Frame is a medium. Framenumber is 051A2M

Pictures will follow shortly...

SbDdii.jpg
[/url]

You could of used some better parts for it........

Lovely Barnefield :cool:

silver is a very difficult colour to repair,...but nice lot you got there. will be a nice bike once the build up is done.
the silver purple anniversary is hard to find matching parts. but Syncros is a save way for a nice bike.

Back