My Specialized Family (update)

Gène

Dirt Disciple
My Specialized family, I don't what is is that makes a Specialized a Specialized, but I like it.

Specialized Steel (1994)
pbpic2089989.jpg

Unfortunately not useable, it is rotten at the chainstay near the bottom bracket. In the future I would like to copy the geometry and use this frame as an example for a custom replica frame build in titanium or steel. This one will stay in my bedroom as a reminder I do buy everything I see on ebay or other sites.

Specialized S-works M4 (1999) (Sold it!)
pbpic1786151.jpg

"Retro" setup: Chris King, XT/XTR, Thomson, Easton, Fizik, Schwalbe. At the moment is this bike not useable due to a broken front axle. I've bought a second hand Chris King and the XTR M960 hub will go into the dumpster. Later this year I hope to get a new Chris King rear hub, so the rear M960 can join the front hub. Normally I do not throw away stuff, especially retro stuff, but the hubs are to waisted.

I also are still searching for an old XTR 960 rear mech (199:cool: and some shifters from the same period, because the XT shifters are ugly although they perform well. I think XTR shifters from 1998 and other Shimano bits from that year are more in place with the Bike.

Update 23 March 2009:
At the end of the summer I've sold the M4, the Sid was broken and the overall handling of the M4 was not so good. I think it was one size to small. This made me decide to sell the bike, and search the web for a replacement. Eventually I found one.

None retro stuff:
Specialized M5 (2003)
pbpic3163167.jpg

My hardtail competition bike:
Fork: Fox F80RLT
Headset & hubs: Chris King
Groupset: XT/XTR
Tires: Schwalbe NoNi and RaRa
Saddle: Fizik
Stem & seatpost: Thomson X4 & Elite
Handlebars: Easton EA 70
Brake cable: Nokon

Specialized M5 Epic (2003, "new" addition to the collection)
pbpic2427062.jpg

pbpic2427060.jpg

pbpic2537232.jpg

pbpic2661297.jpg

pbpic3163172.jpg

pbpic3163186.jpg

My full suspension competition bike:
Fork: Fox F80RL
Headset & hubs: Chris King
Groupset: XT/XTR
Tires: Schwalbe NoNi and RaRa
Handlebars: Easton EA 70

Specialized Allez Pro (2006)
pbpic3163234.jpg

My racer for those lovely rides in the Dutch hills, Belgian Ardennes and French Alpes.
Groupset: Campagnolo Centaur grey, crankset will be updated
Tires: Schwalbe Stelvio
Handlebars: Easton EA 50

As you can see my bikes are for 95% build with components from the same brands. I don't like a mix of all kind of brands and colors. Now I have unity and IMHO a nice setup.

In the future I hope to extend my collection with a proper S-works retro bike. Limited storage, and financial funding are only two things that keep me from this wish. Although I can't complain at the moment.

Cheers,
Gène

Hi,

Too bad your steel S-works is rotten. There was a sweet one offered on a famous classified site. Kind of aquafade style paintscheme. It is in the 1992 S-works catalogue.

Think the S-works steel is my fave spec

Void(EN12-82)":tgivqbsi said:
Enne, woe in Limburg woenst du daan???
In de buurt vaan Mestreech ;)

icantthinkofausername":tgivqbsi said:
Send the XTR hubs this way if you are just going to bin them!

Modern crankset on your old S Works, you should be ashamed ;)

If you pay the transportation costs, you will recieve a nice box with al the bits and pieces.

Elev12k":tgivqbsi said:
Hi,

Too bad your steel S-works is rotten. There was a sweet one offered on a famous classified site. Kind of aquafade style paintscheme. It is in the 1992 S-works catalogue.

Think the S-works steel is my fave spec

It was indeed a minor setback, but I really hope I can buy a custom frame set that will just look like the original (only one size bigger ;) )

ameybrook":tgivqbsi said:
Your 03 M5 is awesome. This is how a race hardtail should look.

Thanks! It is also a really nice ride, the buy of a lifetime. It was a bit of gamble. It is 19" frame, and I 'm 1.95 mtrs long and should actually ride a size bigger. It was eventually the best gamble I ever made, I have no regrets, because the bike handles great and is a far more better ride comparing to my 21" ride I use to drive.

jeed":tgivqbsi said:
Loving the M5...stealth

What kind of weight does it come in at?

I have no idea :oops:, but it is not very light: 8+kg if I have to gues

grtz
Gène

Gène":3kez6354 said:
Void(EN12-82)":3kez6354 said:
Enne, woe in Limburg woenst du daan???
In de buurt vaan Mestreech ;)

Berg? Meerssen? Ulestroate? Vallekeberg? Schin op Geul? St. Gietere? Scheulder? Merregeroate? Ich kom vaan Berg en Terbliet noamelik, woen noe in Soest jammer genoog :-(

Sorry guys, couldn't resist... just ignore me on this one :cool: :twisted:

Back