Pacific X7 & GT Timberline

BuddhaBelly

Retro Newbie
My Pacific X7 and the wife's Timberline after a last blast around Thetford Forest, before and after jetwash. Both owned since new, the Pacific was an insurance replacement for a GT Karakoram 2 which I wrote off after 2 days. Although not my preferred option, at the time I needed a bike quickly for an event and over the last 24 years have really had some adventures. We've been around the UK and the mountains of Saudi Arabia (where I sheared an Axle after clipping a rock - the descent for ever after known as Broken Axle hill by our club). I stripped the paint in mid 90's while I was bored recovering from a (who needs lights it's a full moon) crash. At about the same time I fitted a Halson Design inversion fork. Groupset is mainly Suntour XC Comp with some XT replacements for damaged bits after numerous crashes. Timberline is pretty much as purchased with just a different saddle and tyres. Project for this year is a full recommission of the Pacific, I've got some NOS Accushift shifters and a set of Chinook Rims on XC Hubs to fit.
Although I quite like the bare ally look I might go back to the original paint scheme (black and silver)but can't find any pictures anywhere on line, so if anyone has any info I would be grateful, Model was Pacific X7 Comp 1991 £625 at the time and sold as a Taiwanese Cannondale copy (I think the cannondale was over £800 at the time and way out of my league but it did have those lovely smooth welds!)
If any interest I will post pics of the refurb, Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Timberline.jpg
    Timberline.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Pacific X7.jpg
    Pacific X7.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 244
  • X7 and GT.jpg
    X7 and GT.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 244
Back