Brian Rourke 853 (The Red One)

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here's a lovely frame that's done the rounds a bit on here, this time acquired by me from The History Man. Wow, this is one beautiful frame! I'm so glad I went for this one.

Basically, I've been needing a large, steel frame to replace my 1996 Diamond Back Apex which had begun to irritate me, owing to a design fault and an obscure seat post diameter. This is going to be a quick build, re-using many parts from my Apex at first, and probably fine tuning the parts ensemble in the longer term.

20150104_103935.jpg

Yes, it seems to have survived a Ryanair flight from Stansted.

20150104_110321.jpg

Stay tuned, folks :cool:

Re: Rourke 853 build

Nice! I was very tempted by this frame as it was large. What plans have you got for it :) ?

Oh, I have big plans for this incredible frame. Not only that, I believe I will be keeping this one for life.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3daa4zwr said:
Nice one mate, how's the green one coming along?

Mike

I got it unpacked and had a good look over christmas, it's a beauty and in not bad nick considering its age. The Muddy Fox was going to be my next build, but the Rourke came along and jumped the queue. I'm yet to decide whether to build the Fox in Plymouth or Porto...

Re:

Pleased you like it. I did too. Can't think why I passed it on now! :LOL: :LOL:

I'm sure you'll have hours of fun, building and riding them both ;)

Mike

Nice. It pops up again!

Fair play to THM, that's how to pack a bike. Wish some of mine had turned up like that instead of chucked in a big box with no protection!

That's not my packing. Mine was way more than that.

Re:

It is hard to believe the quality of this frame until you have it in front of you. Jason Rourke really is a master of his art.

Watching with a slightly misty far away look in my eye.

Back