Splatter paint Marin Eldridge - 1990?

JonTom

Senior Retro Guru
Browsing Gumtree this afternoon I see an ad with an old blue cruiser and the headline 'Preloved pushies / mountain bikes / cruisers / bicycles'. You never know what's lurking within these ads, so I click on it.

The copy says they're $75 each (about £40). Flicking through the photos there's a cruiser, a cruiser, a road bike, a road bike, a Marin Eldridge, a road bi ... woah there!!!

I called the seller immediately.

Getting it home and giving it a quick wash reveals it needs a bit of work, but nothing too scary. It has a few small patches of rust and a bit of discolouration (most of which cleans off), and the seatpost is reluctant to move, but the original XT/LX drivetrain is complete, as are the brakes. It even still has the original Wolber AT-18 wheels.

It's a size smaller than I'd like - it's 17.5" - so if anyone has a 1990 19" Eldridge Grade splatter frame they'd like to swap for it, give me a shout and we'll work something out.

Attachments

• Eldridge 06.JPG
    Eldridge 06.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 1,168
  • Eldridge 05.jpg
    Eldridge 05.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Eldridge 04.jpg
    Eldridge 04.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Eldridge 03.JPG
    Eldridge 03.JPG
    203.7 KB · Views: 1,167
  • Edlridge 02.JPG
    Edlridge 02.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 1,168
  • Eldridge 01.JPG
    Eldridge 01.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 1,168
Re: Splater paint Marin Eldridge - '90/91 maybe?

Lovely find.....! That should clean up a treat. The sort of retro bike find that makes trawling the ads worthwhile.

Doesn't look like it's massively worn out either....chain rings look good and the logos are still present on the cranks. Love it! :)

Boom! Great find :cool:

There's a rewarding Finished Article waiting to be uncovered right there..

Re:

great find... please restore... ;)

here is my 91 bear valley... the paintworks were awesome at this time...

Attachments

• finishklein.jpg
    finishklein.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 922
Back