View
A little project I'm working on.

Attachments

• IMG_20141130_131547.jpg
    IMG_20141130_131547.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 1,964
Re:

Fond memories, that brings.

I had one in '97 and another a couple of years back. Look really well with the yellow decals.
The geometry can be awkward though, the crazy BB ground clearance made it feel like mounting a horse to get onto :) No big deal though, just get the stem built up the steerer another 30mm or so.

Have you had/worked on these before R kid? Firstly, remove back wheel and make sure the long bolt that passes through the elastomers is nipped up nicely, and threadlocked. Tends to loosen off after a while. It won't fail catastrophically, more that you will feel the play in it if it isn't tight enough.
Apart from that they do up to a comfy and attractive looking bike. Not many full bounce do it for me, look too busy and over engineered.
These are pretty sick though!

No riser bars please, they look crap on proflex' ;)

Re:

Not really any proper experience - I'll take note about the bolt. Funny thing I have a set of risers and was trying them out on this but I think flat bars are the best.

Re:

Love it. I have plans to mod/rebuild my 856 for next season. Going 1X8 and with a 85 mm Magura fork and BB7 discs up front.

The last I rode it seriously it had a 76mm Manitou FS fork and was great compared to the stock Girvin fork.

What are you additional plans for the 756?

I cobbled one together from the spares box a couple of years ago , mag 21 instead of the vector , it's really nice , fast enough for me and quite light
Got another frame and some vectors in varying States of dis repair
Might build another one

Photo buckets not working for me , pics later I hope

Mike

a98eb83f4ddea86c906196829beee651_zps176f90c6.jpg

Finally

Re:

The thing i like aboutr the 756 is that there doesnt see mthat many about, but you do see a few more 856's. I have a pair of nollen vectors but I like the simpleness of elastomers so thats why i bolted on the USA Mozos. I might try and fit it with full STX RC as i do like that groupset.

Stx rc was a nice groupset nice snappy shifters too
And if you get the pace adaptor you can run proper BCD chainrings , lighter than XTR with that set up too
Cantis or vee's tho ?

Re:

I want to stick with canti's as it has the canti bit on the swing arm and the forks are canti as well.

Re:

I want to stick with canti's as it has the canti bit on the swing arm and the forks are canti as well.

Back