1996 Alpinestars RSA 940 - Jake Watson Rebuild

jwlinn

Devout Dirtbag
Dear Retrobike Family-

The rebuild of Jake's Alpinestars has begun! I have located and obtained the rear linkage for the frame, along with the rims, brakes, hubs, stem. . . A couple smaller items are needed but I think the local shop can help with those (cables, housing, grips, tubes)

Please visit Jake's Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/earthquake.j.watson

This forum has been so great in helping out - people from all over the world, from here in the States to Canada, Finland . . . the UK. . . the help and support in getting this going is simply amazing. This is really a bike for everyone.

I will be posting updates to his facebook page along with pictures and notes. If you are not a friend, simply send me a request and we will get you added. There is an album started there for this bike. Once I get pictures uploaded of the bike, I will try to get them compressed and added to this thread.

Thanks Everyone!

Josh

Re:

Here is the frame we were given and are starting with. . . more pictures to follow.

Attachments

• 10 10 2014, Jakes 1996 Downhill Bike, from Jayson.jpg
    10 10 2014, Jakes 1996 Downhill Bike, from Jayson.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 858
Amazing FB page and website... good luck on the build.

Attachments

• 1994 Marin Team FRS.jpg
    1994 Marin Team FRS.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 853
  • Jake Cap-d'ail 1994.jpg
    Jake Cap-d'ail 1994.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 853
That Marin Bike would be amazing to find. . . if anyone knows where that bike lays, I would be very interested in knowing.

Don't mean to bust into the thread, but can anyone ID this one for sale here locally?

01717_fW2Qr7w6ti3_600x450.jpg

Re:

That is the Alpinestars RSA 940. . . the same bike I was on a worldwide hunt for. It has the box stays on it which I believe are the newer stays. I can confirm that for you if needed.

How much are they asking?

Josh
jwlinn@gmail.com

Back