sztopi17

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hello everyone :D

I want to show my girfriend's bike .
Quick specification ....
Frame Kastle 18" Ti (made in usa) 1992
Fork I bought it with RS Quadra (now is RS Judy XC 97")
Breake Set Sountor XC
Shift Levers Suntour XC Pro 8(accushift)
FD Suntour Top Bull
RD Suntour XC Pro
Crankset Suntour XC PRo
Pedals Suntour XC PRo
Seatpost Suntour XC Pro
Saddle Brooks All Terrain :oops:
Handlebar Titec Ti
Stem Zanzi
Headset WTB
Freehub 8s Suntour
Rims Mavic Ceramic
Hubs Suntour XC Pro

After a year of purchase I contact with Mr. Dan Falvey. (the man who designed this frame)
This is wath He wrote :)

About geometry...
"As for your bike: The Titanium Pro was my personal project. The frame design for the time had a steeper head tube angle and the sloping top tube…an early “Compact” design direction that is so popular today…my reason for the sloping top tube was to keep from injuring your “private parts” when a quick exit off the frame was necessary! But really for extra room to lift the frame over obstacles when necessary…I had a bad experience with a level top tube and never forgot it. But the sloping top tube did allow for a bit lighter and stiffer frame, but this wasn’t the reason for it."

Where he made the frame
"Your frame was built in the Tri-Cities area of Eastern Washington state by the Sandivik Corporation. Sandivik (I believe a Swedish company) had a titanium processing group there because of the Nuclear Power industry that was in the area that supported the very large aluminum industry in the area with power (this was because of Boeing being in Seattle, and in WW2, ther was a large hydro power dam built there to support the war effort in aluminum manufacturing for the west coast aircraft manufacturers. I found Sandvik true my friends at Dean Bicycle, who was having Sandvik build all the Dean Titanium frames. I found that Sandvik’s TIG welders were some of the best I had ever worked with. So I contracted them to build all of the Kastle titanium MTB frames."

The message which gave me happy was ...
"Only 25 of the 18” frames like yours were ever built. "

Nice watching and have a nice Sunday :)

20140831_142133.jpg

20140831_142407.jpg

20140830_135902.jpg

20140830_135851.jpg

20140830_135815.jpg

20141129_122103.jpg

20141213_094331.jpg

PHrn1vr9D7CQxWBt01DZqr4LBjwGaJtxk007u5rIcBs=w756-h567-no

Re:

Nice looking bike :cool: Kastle weren't very common here in the UK so don't come up that often. Having the Ti version is indeed a bit of a result. I like the build too :)

Re:

Sandvik, sloping top tubes...it's got the Hei Hei vibe hasn't it? In fact I wonder how much in common it has with a Hei Hei. Looks good!

Nice :cool: .
Don't be embarrassed about the Brooks Saddle ! Matches quite nicely and they are extremely comfy :) .

Back