Rocky Mountain Team Comp?

BC

Retro Guru
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping someone can shed a bit of light on this frame as I'm not familiar with them and the very little info that is on the net, only turned up a handful of threads. They aren't common in my home town and think I have something special here...especially that it is 20.5" and fits me! It has a four digit serial number, I'm wondering what year it might be and what sort of suspension came on it? The welds on it are gorgeous and considering it for a re-spray.

Cheers,

Eric
15893915211_7bcb839500_o.jpg

It's a 1992 Team Comp. It's a nice frame and is built with Tange Prestige Ultimate Ulralight tubes. It pretty much has an identical frame to the Equipe from that year.
I'm not sure if it was hand built in Canada or not. The Equipe was not welded in Canada...The Team Comp serial # would suggest it was, but they never put the "Hand built in Canada" decals on these ones. :?

It originally came with a Scott Unishock and Shimano Dx parts kit, Wolber AT18 wheels, and standard Rocky Mountain stem/bar/seat post. Although some where spec'd with Suntour XC Comp.

DeeEight gives a bit more info on the Team Comp in this posting:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299699&hilit=team+comp

I ended up getting the one from that kijiji ad...you can see it here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=307170 :)

Re:

There are a few (which keeps increasing) of them and talk of them on this forum.

I'll let them with them talk about them as they should know best.

But could have either xc comp or deore DX on them iirc.

Blizz":31siguie said:
It's a 1992 Team Comp. It's a nice frame and is built with Tange Prestige Ultimate Ulralight tubes. It pretty much has an identical frame to the Equipe from that year.
I'm not sure if it was hand built in Canada or not. The Equipe was not welded in Canada...The Team Comp serial # would suggest it was, but they never put the "Hand built in Canada" decals on these ones. :?

It originally came with a Scott Unishock and Shimano Dx parts kit, Wolber AT18 wheels, and standard Rocky Mountain stem/bar/seat post. Although some where spec'd with Suntour XC Comp.

DeeEight gives a bit more info on the Team Comp in this posting:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=299699&hilit=team+comp

I ended up getting the one from that kijiji ad...you can see it here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=307170 :)

Thanks for all that great info Blizz. Paint seems to be one of those translucent jobs and might be hard to replicate?

FluffyChicken":31siguie said:
There are a few (which keeps increasing) of them and talk of them on this forum.

I'll let them with them talk about them as they should know best.

But could have either xc comp or deore DX on them iirc.

It's a gorgeous light frame. I'm not sure I'd put either xc or dx on it though. I might just build it up as a ss user pub bike

RockiMtn":31siguie said:
registering for updates! ;)

:)

Re: Sweet bike

I scored one that wasn't nearly as mint as yours as it was abandoned in a low income hotel here in Victoria Canada. The manager just gave it to me. It was missing many parts but I knew it was a good frame so spent money on turning it into a city bike. Managed to get a nice selection of various used 90s parts turning it into a relatively light (sub 22lbs)with its xtr bits and very sweet triple butted P2 fork with the splined inner steerer.
She is very quick in speed and handling, would be the perfect messenger bike.

Attachments

• IMAG0135-1.jpg
    IMAG0135-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,337
  • IMAG0140_1.jpg
    IMAG0140_1.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,336
that's very cool man. i love the mirro image...you had me going for second! these are suspension frames though? how is it with rigid forks? i'd prefer rigid forks as well. I should build mine up and get on with it! cheers for sharing

Back