Cannondale SM800

Sheffield

Retro Guru
Thought I'd share a photo of my Cannondale SM800?? Or it could be an early 'Beast of the East'.

Attachments

• B of the E SM800sm copy.jpg
    B of the E SM800sm copy.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 4,981
That is a nice Cannondale! How does it ride, 26 front/24rear?

Campy..... Euclid partially?

- Melvin

5'11". Its does look massive doesn't it?

It rides quite nice; sort of stretched, but not too noticably. Haven't really rode it that much so can't really comment too much on the reason\need for the 24". The Gears are Euclid. Levers are REALLY old school shimano linked to Suntour roller-cam. Bit reluctant to take offroad too much as its in top condition, although if the weather is nice tomorrow will take it out into the peak with the Wife for a pootle around the reservoirs.

Very cool. Love those old 'dales.

Remember seeing one back in the late 80s in some bike shop in Newark (or maybe Norwich). Unbelievable against the Raleighs etc. I was used to seeing in the local ma & pa bike shops..

With that high BB it looks more like a B of E rather than a normal 'dale, I think that was one of the key selling points over the normal. Lovely bike by the way, always liked those

I just have bought it, ther's two weeks ago… I was looking for it since 1988 !
The dream becomes reality…
A very funny bike to ride. A very good climber :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
sm600ctgy6.jpg

sm600logoum2.jpg

sm600pedalieryl4.jpg
sm600ubrakeus8.jpg

Now, in project : A suntour XC comp group, a new painting (I drew the stickers (cannondale, the station on the head tube)… with illustrator), and a new life for it[/url]

Ah the SM600 Black Magic, lovely. I really wanted one of those too. I've got the catalogue for your bike if you want a scan?

GUs

Back