BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Still in the process of cleaning the years of grime off this one but here's relatively a clean bit!

Re: Fillet brazed 531 goodness

Jamis Diablo":2kz0zdka said:
Looks promissing, what is it?

I'll wager that it's a bike frame of some sort ;)

But what?? :?

Re:

Sorry for the delayed reply but I wanted to give it a good polish before I posted any more pics. I had no reason other than a little curiosity for buying this one. I'd never seen one before and never heard of the builder so thought I'd take a punt. It's clearly been well used but where the paint is still good, it's really good. My photo's don't really do it justice but it's a lovely sparkling light purple that has polished up very nicely. Fully fillet brazed frame and matching forks. The only area of concern is the slight pinch at the back of the seatpost collar, however the seatpost moved freely and slides all the way up and down so I think it could be a lot worse.

I knew nothing of T (Tom) J Quick and having a quick search online didn't provide a great deal of information. He gets a couple of mentions on this site, more for his road frames, and I have emailed a relative who is a member on here - but I'm still awaiting more information. By all accounts he made very few mountain bike frames.

Here's a few (poor) pics taken in the kitchen tonight.

Re:

I like the way the seat stays almost look like they could wrap around the seat tube. Signing in for updates. Any idea on build?

Re:

Looks lovely Adrian. Great colour.

Got a real Overbury's (etc.) look to it! I like it.

Are you going to build it up with period parts or leave it as just the frame?

Re:

Thanks Matt/Gio :)

It does look quite pretty I think but no build plans as yet. I'm not too sure of the year; the parts suggest late 80's or very early 90's, a mix of Deore from MT60 through to M650 DX. The braze-ons give away the road heritage of the builder I guess. I think MT62 would suit it but this one joins a queue......

Re: Re:

raidan73":17o63fre said:
Thanks Matt/Gio :)

It does look quite pretty I think but no build plans as yet. I'm not too sure of the year; the parts suggest late 80's or very early 90's, a mix of Deore from MT60 through to M650 DX. The braze-ons give away the road heritage of the builder I guess. I think MT62 would suit it but this one joins a queue......
That would look very smart I reckon.

I know that feeling... :)

Re:

I think a mock-up might be in order this weekend :)

Back