1996 Brodie Expresso... Mmmm yummy!

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So... here it is... this one needs some work...

Someone apparently doesn't like cantilever brakes... and also isn't very handy :facepalm:

First step is to remove that cable stop :D

This frame is suspension corrected for a Judy XC but it will be getting a Mag 21... Why? why not :cool:

More pics to come... I added in a pic of the blue parts that will be going on it..

Oh... and the frame will be painted Orange :cool:

Re:

Thx! Yup, this one will be my wacky colour build... I'll try to keep it tasteful but please let me know if I go too overboard on it =)

Orange and blue wouldn't be my first choice (with the exception of the Gulf Racing combination) so I am intrigued to see how this pans out.

Re:

Very nice Shutter,,at least PO didn't hacksaw off the cable guide,,stop is probably silver soldered on ? should fall off with a propane torch..
I have a Expresso project also,starting today if I have some time...

Re: Re:

mrdryskull":1j2g7r63 said:
Very nice Shutter,,at least PO didn't hacksaw off the cable guide,,stop is probably silver soldered on ? should fall off with a propane torch

Thx!

Well... Yes, but whether I cut it off or hear it up I'm still going to have to file off the excess brass left behind. I would rather not hear it up any more than it already has been and just cut then file.

But tell me if I'm missing something here??

Re:

clean off the paint and see what colour the "weld" is,,if it is brass,then it was fillet brazed on,better to cut it off..If it is silver,,then silver soldered on,heat it up with a propane torch and it should fall off,,solder melts at a pretty low heat,wont hurt the frame.It's made to melt before the copper and brass it's used on.
I have used solder to fix chain suck on a frame a few times..
But please,,if you are uncomfortable at all,,please find a friendly neighbourhood frame builder,,I don't want anyone mad at me.!.

Attachments

• dekerf 023.JPG
    dekerf 023.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,619
Re: Re:

mrdryskull":185k84m0 said:
clean off the paint and see what colour the "weld" is,,if it is brass,then it was fillet brazed on,better to cut it off..If it is silver,,then silver soldered on,heat it up with a propane torch and it should fall off,,solder melts at a pretty low heat,wont hurt the frame.It's made to melt before the copper and brass it's used on.
I have used solder to fix chain suck on a frame a few times..
But please,,if you are uncomfortable at all,,please find a friendly neighbourhood frame builder,,I don't want anyone mad at me.!.

True, if it is solder even a lighter or match will melt it off =) I will investigate

So... it begins...

Is this over the top?? Orange frame with a mix of blue and red parts??

Headset is a mix-match from my parts bin

I Could stick with JUST blue components... get a blue CK headset, and maybe silver brakes??

let me know... =)

Back