My'Old' Kona Caldera....

Lewis.

Dirt Disciple
Hi Folks, I just stumbled accross this forum and it's excellent! Dug out my old Kona from the garage 2 nights ago and it was looking a little sorry for itself so I spent a good few hours cleaning it all (each individual spoke with soft wire wool and degreaser etc!!) :shock: Just wanted to revamp it for the summer to do some road riding on. I still can't decide whether to convert it to single speed or not....I don't want to spoil it's origionality.. :? I've used it loads and owned it for a few years but just kept it in good nick and didn't lean on the floor etc, hence the paintjob is still mint! I was pleasantly susrprised how mint it looks! :D Anyway here are the pics - let me know what you think.
The few other parts I want to get are as follows, just to tidy it up:

1) THOMSON stem (black)
2) THOMSON ELite seat post (black)
3) New Grips
4) 'Minimal' pedals (prob SPD's but still un-decided)
5) 'Retro' Kona P2 rigid forks

Also if anyone can confirm the year of this model that would be great - I bought it when I was at college and can't remember! :p Thanks!

Lewis :)

Kona08.jpg

Kona07.jpg

Kona06.jpg

Kona05.jpg

Kona04.jpg

Kona03.jpg

Kona02.jpg

Kona01.jpg

1999. i have one up for sale at the mo, mine has the optional colour matched P2 though.

yeah - the price for the forks is £250, with a free frame and all associated bits. ;)

Back