Santa Cruz Chameleon (updated now a singlespeed steed)

g_baz

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Always loved these back in the day when I had a Zaskar and now I have my hands on this one. Bit of a mish mash of parts, Rock Shox Dukes, 9 speed XT/SRAM drivetrain, Ringle hubs on Mavic 117's, X-Lite seat pin, Flite saddle, Control Tech stem, Azonic bars, Chris King headset and some older XT V's. Great fun to ride.

Attachments

• Chameleon.jpg
    Chameleon.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 3,989
  • Controls.jpg
    Controls.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 3,989
  • Rear Hub.jpg
    Rear Hub.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 3,987
  • Front Hub.jpg
    Front Hub.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 3,989
Always great to see a classic Chameleon. Run an old '98 as my main bike - one of the best frames ever made IMHO - hugely adaptable.

scdisplay1.jpg

chf9.jpg

scc1.jpg

Very nice setup., they do look good s/s. Keep meaning to get some flat bars for mine, just not sure what to get!

I would love to buy that green one. If you ever sell it please let me know. What sizes are the green and the yellow one? The green looks right for me.

I think you might be waiting a while! I'm looking for a second identical early 16" in 'Kawasaki' green as a back-up! In 20 years of MTBing on as many bikes the old lizard is my favourite. Medium is a 16" c-t. 22.5" effective tt.

It's got red Ruffians on it now for that Italian flag look. Pair of '04 Marzocchi Marathons on the way too - will be powdercoated white to match. :LOL:

Bars are Salsa Pro Motos - modern with a retro feel but superb width and sweep.

Not that. Look at the headtube. One the green the tubes are touching whereas the yellow has a space. The yellow defo looks bigger.

Back