Raleigh Amazon

alans27

Old School Hero
Well I've had many a conversation on here regarding me wanting an old Raleigh Amazon. Not because it's a particularly good bike, but because I had one growing up and getting one would be like going back to childhood. Not that I ever left!! lol.
Anyway, I finally have one!!
IMG_0224.jpg
[/url][/img]
IMG_0222.jpg
[/url][/img]
As you can see, bar the frame, wheels and handle bar I've pretty much renewed everything, even down to stripping the back axle and replacing it with a nice new chromoly one. A lot of the parts on it where knackered anyway. It was never my intention to keep the whole thing looking authentic, more a case of taking an old classic and giving it a modern update. I even got Autosol and cleaned the wheel spokes up which took hours!! Worth it though.
It rides lovely now, i'm really pleased with it.

Thank you mate. Well I think I got carried away and over spent on the thing to say the least! But it was worth it. I mean instead of the horrid plastic 100gs canti brakes it came with it's now got a set of Tektro Alloy V Brakes. It actually has brakes that work!! Shocking lol.

They rode surprisingly nicely for a hi ten frame :) we sold a lot BITD. The paint job was lovely, and the lugged frame although hi ten was much nicer than the Lizard derivatives. Nice work and nice bike :)

Re:

It's actually a cromoly frame that bud, not hi tensile. Think it was the lowest in the Raleigh line up to have a cromoly frame.
Couple that with the shimano 100gs and the Amazon was cutting edge technology! Lol.
Defo a cromoly frame though.

Back