Winter Project #2: 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
This has always been up there near the top of my wanna have list. I could never afford on as a 14 year old and had a build list highlighted in an old MBA mag with all the bits I wanted for it. I still have the magazine so I'm gonna follow that list pretty close.

She's a fixer upper for sure ... Total restore coming :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,737
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,734
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,735
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1,737
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,737
Awesome, glad to see it went to a good home. Really love this frame. Excited to see its progress!

I'll make it pretty. It won't look like a catalogue bike likely.

Who owns one with original paint. What is the actual white and black on this? The black looks straight gloss black, but the white appears to have a bit of pearl flake on mine.

Re:

Forgot ... Already got the decals from Gil :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,693
Great winter project! The original paint is a pearl white, I think it's a pretty standard colour to match. The black on mine is glossy too, the catalogue calls it "jet black".
Are you planning to do a respray yourself or get it done at a paint shop?
I'm toying with the idea of repainting mine too.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours come together...following with interest!

I'm not sure how accurate you want to be with the decals, but the original tubing decal is a Prestige Concept one like this, rather than the Prestige Ultimate. :?
If you don't end up using your 2nd set of frame decals, let me know and I'd be happy to purchase them from you. :D

Attachments

• PrestigeConcept.jpg
    PrestigeConcept.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,673
Thanks for the info :)

I'll get it powdercoated if it can be done. I might get gil to whip up another decal.

The other set is actually for another project ... I have a 1990 Blizzard as well.

looks like everyone and their grandmother owns a blizzard now! :roll:

getting to be as common as Brodie! :LOL:

Re:

More Brodies than RMs in my basement :) Def seen more brodies than 1991 Blizzards in TO lately. Peaks and valleys though ... Or perhaps the blizzards are hiding into two gentlemens basements :D

Got basically everything for this thing. Just need the crown for the fork and I should be good to go. Oh ... Could use some funny $$$ to actually get it painted! My bike account is in the red for some reason. Perhaps unexpected winter project #3 :facepalm:

Back