1988 cannondale finished.

stew-b

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
i declare it finished :D at least until a nos xt headset appears one day lol..
got my new ma40 wheels today from thorpie,man those rims are buggers to get tyres on! bike is now full XT except dx pedals and no name headset,ti flexstem is a littel late but i think it suits it well.not sure if im allowed the gold anodised bottle boss bolts though :oops: hope you all like :)

19052008316.jpg

19052008315.jpg

Very clean build. I really like it.

What's the graphic on the downtube? Can you post a close up?

its in the 88 catalogue as 'hot custom graphics'.gil fancied having ago at copying them,i think he did well :) there should actually be a couple of smaller ones at the top of the seatstays too.

Untitled-2.jpg

19052008319Large.jpg

stew-b":10jz3d3a said:
its in the 88 catalogue as 'hot custom graphics'.gil fancied having ago at copying them,i think he did well :)

Gil certainly done a great job there. Thanks for posting - I'm no expert on 'dales!

That looks nice, dales never seemed to work for me but that looks nice, how does it ride.

Looks good, black and gold, nice, will have a bit more gold and a splattering of black to show off soon myself! I bet it is harder to get tyres off those rims than on, you nearly didn't get them as I felt like throwing them over the fence :LOL:

Trevor.

Top drawer work fella :cool: bosses look good to me.

I think this is one of the better buil;ds I've seen.

Lovely.

It seems strange that there isn't more Cannodale love about for those older ones. They always seemed so special at the time. Maybe not Klein special, but definately a bit rarer and more sought after than our Marins and Spesh's at the time.

Very nice build.

:D

Back