Chuck CR-HT

helix_torques

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So this landed today ...

photo.jpg

Not sure of the age ... it hasn't got the any disc tabs so I'm thinking one of the earlier ones 97? unless anyone can tell me any different?

Apart from a few paint chips ... overall condition is really good, the decals are pretty much perfect ... it is beautiful frame (I think so anyway) ... And I'm already looking forward to getting stuck into the build.

I'll try and post some better pics over the weekend.

Awesome. I always liked these.

I used to live with a guy that had one - it broke at the dropout.

I think they were (partly anyway) wiped out by a strike at the aluminum smelters that supplied them.

Lovely, I had a later one that now resides in Australia. Believe I saw that on ebay last week, I was tempted.
I'm sure there's a set of White Bros SC's for sale on here at the moment, they'd be perfect for it.

Upate No.2

It's been a while but I've finally got round to progressing the chuck.

The frame after a good clean, touch up and polish has come up beautifully ... looks almost new

I'm trying (as much as I can) to build it up with high end boutique parts king, Proshift, Cook etc ... aiming for an all American dream machine

Not sure about the skin wall tyres ... think I might swap those out at some point for black walls.

DSCF1737.jpg

DSCF1749.jpg

DSCF1746.jpg

DSCF1758.jpg

DSCF1761.jpg

DSCF1764.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg

DSCF1775.jpg

I didn't weigh the frame before I started putting the build together (doh) ... But it is surprising light (xc light) ... I will weigh it as it is and post the weight.

I don't know too much about the brand myself ... From what I have been able to find out they were an American manufacturer producing hand made aluminum monocoque frames between 1996-2000 before the company folded ... The frames came with a life time warranty and cost silly money - $1,800 high-end boutique stuff

If anyone knows anymore it would be great to hear

Back