My Diamondback Project: Rolling Chassis

SEANSTEPHENS

GT Fan
Feedback
View
here it is in all its err, glory :LOL:

its been left in the garage as parts get swapped/nicked for other bikes and it gathers dust. its got some half decent bits on it though; LX hubbed wheels, XT brakes, DX cranks, Tioga Avenger headset and handlebars, plus some of the original avinir finishing kit... forks are marin rockstars (if anyone needs a set and has something reasonable to swap then drop me a pm and we maybe able to arrange something)

its not going to be a fast build, it'll be at the bottom of my todo list i'll just work on it when I'm not doing anything and parts become available. will hopefully build up into an almost respectable commuter bike

thoughts welcome, cheers

Re:

began work on some parts today :cool:

i used 800grit, 1500grit and t-cut metal polish to shine up the cranks

the wheels just needed a good clean really, I've fitted a pair of IRC Mythos amber walls and a 7 speed cassette

sean :)

Re:

They say you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter :)

Joking aside that looks like a good project, I have always enjoyed working on these sort of projects as you can be free to use what you like. Good refinishing work by the way!

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Re: Re:

SIMONFREESE":2ppng541 said:
They say you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter :)

Joking aside that looks like a good project, I have always enjoyed working on these sort of projects as you can be free to use what you like. Good refinishing work by the way!

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

cheers mate, i know what exactly you mean :cool:

update 24/10/2014

bikes now a rolling chassis and after a clean with some parts hung its not looking so crap anymore ;) pics....

levers are worth more than the whole bike :LOL: but i wanted to move away from cantilevers on this bike and the avid ultimates are the only v brake levers i have available at the mo.

this is possibly option 2, depending on whether i change the wheels/tyres on the zaskar and if these become available

cheers, sean

Back