'89 Specialized pub special

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well, bored this afternoon so attacked the Specialized with a can of Plasticote:

MT60 Deore mechs from an '88 Saracen
Shimano clanger hanger!
BR-AT50 cantis
MT60 cranks with alu Biopace rings
Exage hubs with Weinmann rims
Specialized stem
Fuji 150 bars
Rolls saddle
'86 Muddy Fox Courier Com forks
DX thumbies/ levers.
Ebay decals

Old english white into blazing red - simply because the two cans looked so alike, I'd started spraying the rear red before it was too late. Liked the look so carried on.

it was only meant to be my pub bike.... :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC01306.JPG
    DSC01306.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 2,010
  • DSC01307.JPG
    DSC01307.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,010
  • DSC01308.JPG
    DSC01308.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 2,010
  • pubjumper.JPG
    pubjumper.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 2,006
Excellent work fella, was this a specialized scheme or a nod to an ultra burner :D , looks too good for a pub bike.

those psudo P2 style muddy fox forks give it very quick steering - needs wider bars - nice ride though.

its just tooo good for the pub....

legrandefromage":3iiw76lk said:

:LOL: I thought the idea behind a pub bike was it looked like a bag of nails but rode like a dream, well, after a few bevies it does. You may need to invest in a better bike lock ;)

legrandefromage":3bkscu76 said:
those psudo P2 style muddy fox forks give it very quick steering - needs wider bars - nice ride though.
Wow, I’ve never seen a fork with so little trail as that. Look how much closer the front wheel is to the front of the chain rings now – you’ve reduced the wheelbase by like two inches or something, all coming off the trail. No wonder it steers quick!

Not sure wider bars will be enough really, the fork looks as though it was designed for a frame with completely different geometry. Maybe that Specialized fork would look quite good in red?

Back