Winter Project #1: 1994 Specialized S-Works FSR

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Long winter in Canada ... I have a few projects. Here's #1.

1994 Specialized S-Works FSR. It's in pretty good shape. Everything seems solid. Not exactly sure what the end result will look like other than certainly a FSX fork. Should make a fun rider and fill out the specialized collection a bit more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,767
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,767
Re:

These things never came all red correct?

The rear triangle is suppose to black ... Or at least they are in every pic I have seen.

It's painted pretty close to match and there is no black paint anywhere on the triangle. Perhaps a warrantee replacement or something painted red.

Minifreak":25atdmpo said:
Love these, on a waiting list for one currently. Look forward to updates on this winter build.

They are neat. I think the lower end Stumpjumper fsr is prettier, but apparently the s works FSRs were produced in the USA with better tubing. They are suppose to hold up better ... Or do MBA said back in the day (after a kickback I'm sure).

Nice frame! I don't remember every seeing them with a red rear and link. Thought the link was always grey or silver ano? Couldn't figure out why it looked weird at first glance, the link is installed upside down.

Re:

I think most of the 94s had a black triangle (some flat) and either a silver or black link. The grey shows up in 1995? Maybe?

I have mostly black bits for this so I'll likely go that route. I really like the frame ... But this project has a budget :)

Re:

Well if you need to raise funds you know what you can sell me ;)

Re: Re:

raidan73":2k1ks06h said:
Well if you need to raise funds you know what you can sell me ;)

Neeeeeeever!!! Haha. I just spent a mortgage payment on winter project #4 (yes there's a 2 and 3 ... To be revealed). I won't sleep well til it arrives. :?

Need to sell some blood.

Latest posts

Back