1991 Rocky Mountain Cirrus

BC

Retro Guru
Just came across this 1991 Rocky Mountain Cirrus frame a few weeks ago and have been anxious ever since to get started.

15167968250_50d5e9e594_o.jpg
[/url]

I've already hit a bump and need a 30.4 seat post...what an odd size!

Respect owning since new!

This measures 18.5, center to the top of the seat tube. I wish it was bigger.

check the effective top tube...

I normally ride a 19.5-21.5" but my 18.5" Experience has a nice long top tube so it works well for me

Re:

I think Rocky put out four sizes and that would mean there are two bigger frames available above this 18.5. I'm 6'5" and take the largest by default ;)

Ah, well at 6-5 you DO need the bigger one... I do have a 30.4 x 425 syncros post if that helps =)

Nice! Your frame looks in great shape!
I passed on an opportunity to buy a 20" Cirrus a couple months ago...it was too big for me, but I should have picked it up as I would have happily traded it for your 18.5".
Oh well. :?
But at 6'5, the ideal Cirrus for you would be the 21.5", as they had shorter top tubes than the Experience.

I know that feeling to pass on frames that don't fit! Any size is getting hard to find these days it seems, Blizz...let alone a 20.5 or 21.5. I've been lucky lately though with some larger frames.

BC":1vsuramg said:
Respect owning since new!

This measures 18.5, center to the top of the seat tube. I wish it was bigger.
if my original and first RM, an Experience wasn't stolen, it would have been that instead of a Cirrus. but now i have both, so it's all good. ;)

i picked up and sold a 20" RM Cirrus, but that was months (a year?) ago. SORRY!

Back