AMP B3 finally finished

AdeC

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all,

its taken almost two years, but with plenty of assistance from some real good people on this forum, the B3 is finally done.

The final piece of the jigsaw were the decals which I fitted yesterday. They were supplied by Gil and I'm very happy with them. I know the decals are not accurate to the year of the frame, but neither are most of the parts. This build was not about historical accuracy...it was just about putting a nice shiny bike together.

Which leads me to a question...I'm no AMP expert, so can anyone hazard a guess as to the year the frame was made? I'm thinking its a '95, but maybe a '94.

Some pics...

This is one of the pics from the original ebay auction which I won:

Started gathering the parts. I had a rear Hope ti-glide in Red kicking about the shed, so silver and red became the colour scheme:

A tube of Autosol and a sprinkling of ano red bits later:

And finally the completed bike.

Oi! get those paws away from the rare rubber!

Loads of you guys helped, but special thanks to racer x, wookie, ti_pin_man, beep beep and konasexthreerider on sourcing some of the hard to find parts. And of course Gil for the decal icing on the very shiny cake.

Cheers
Ade

Amazing ride :D
You'll be needing shades for that mirror finish. Shares in Autosol ?

Hope those claws haven't gone through that "antique" rubber!

Cheers fellas, i think the cat was checking out the logos on the flite saddle. If it starts confusing the tyres with a scratching post I foresee bad things happening to this animal.

very nice :cool:

haven't seen a new AMP addition to this site in a while. glad that there's still fans out there. love my Mongoose Amplifier (B2). ;)

Back