Toad*al Resurrection

BC

Retro Guru
I thought I'd share my current project. I've had my 1988 Derek Bailey OR Toad since...oh about 1990 or 91. My memory is bad, a heads up. In 1993'ish it was restored by Bailey and repainted with new decals at Rocky. I stopped riding it 94 for a larger bike that actually fit me. In 2003 or so, I robbed the parts from it for a Climbmax build and sadly, there in a box the poor Toad remained up until pulling it out a few weeks ago. This is her third resurrection and lucky to have most of the parts from 1991 still around.

14932475928_d3120d5b78_b.jpg

Cheers, Eric

Brace yourself for the onslaught of 'if you ever want to part with it' requests!! ;)
Love the darker shade of green.

Mike
Out of curiosity, what size is it?

"p.s. I'm first on the list."

And so it begins....lol
BTW, thought I would be first considering I had the first post. ;)

Mike E.":qt0atzn5 said:
"p.s. I'm first on the list."

And so it begins....lol
BTW, thought I would be first considering I had the first post. ;)
ah.....no couple weeks ago when it came out of the box. :shock:

Hey Eric.

Still not sure ´bout your crank-decision... :LOL: , but a great project because of the rare frame. Registrering for updates.

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Re:

Sorry gang but I'm getting buried with this one. Instructions have been made for how to build the casket :D

It's 16" from bb to c of tt, or 18" from bb to top of the seat tube...and I'm almost 6'5"

Derek built these fb Toads and he has the records for it when we ran the sn. When we re-painted it, he put his current "Hand-built by Derek Bailey" decal on it that they used for his frames at Rocky.

I love bullseye cranks and hate myself that they sit lonely in a parts bin...I thought if I'm not going to ride the Toad, they may as well have cranks on it I wont use? I guess I'll fit them and see how they are

15118668932_977cc8347d_b.jpg

Re: Re:

sparkiegaz":2fuwxwmg said:
Love bullseye cranks,,, stick with erm,,,,

I think I will! (sorry IHateRain :))

hollister":2fuwxwmg said:

Nice! Yes, could do xt easily. I just feel like these bullseye cranks should go onto something instead of going to waste in a bin in the garage. We'll see. I need a keeper bolt for them anyways

Latest posts

Back