Brodie... ??? details?

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So... picked up another Brodie... from these pics alone what model do you think it is? Don't go by colour...

Attachments

• image_1.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 682
  • image_2.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 682
Re:

Not giving much away are you ;) I must admit that the dropouts throw me a bit :?

wtb_rider":1pkxj060 said:
should be a complete bike Frame like "energy" the color looks true so what name is on it?
the "real" droputs look different.
cheers kay

edit:
should be a 96 brodie rocket.... tadaaa!!!! what is my price?
take a look in the 96 catalogue.

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/brodie.html

Bingo! You got it!

Now... Here's my question....

Was this frame made by Paul Brodie or is it from after the company was sold?

Don't think his torch would have touched it.
It was the start of the offshore production.....Brodie's for us little people who couldn't spring for a handbuilt. Same geometry etc of the handbuilts, and they still rode great....had a Torque (yup, I was a little person) :)

Mike E.":27j069uv said:
Don't think his torch would have touched it.
It was the start of the offshore production.....Brodie's for us little people who couldn't spring for a handbuilt. Same geometry etc of the handbuilts, and they still rode great....had a Torque (yup, I was a little person) :)

That's what I figured... Lots of nice brazing work on it but the welds and fishing on the brazing are not as refined as they are on my 93 climbmax

Would make a nice build

Re:

Paul only made the Sovereigns and Expressos,,til 2006 ??
They brought back the Catalyst as top non hand made steel bike,made off shore,,almost got one a few weeks ago,,looked very nice,took a while to figure out what it was...

Attachments

• brodief.jpg
    brodief.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 580
Back