legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
in my size for once.

Just about original right down to the stuck as **** seatpost. I.E exactly the same as one I had 4 years ago...

$_57.JPG

this one is too big for you so that cant be true...

Anyhoo, I had a whole 4 minute journey to collect this as it was in the next village from a bloke called Jeff whom I've sold a few decent bikes to over the years. He got it from a car boot - I like his style, reminds me of someone...?

Price was the top whack considering condition. Its currently doing its best impression of a bat by hanging upside down with a load of oil in it to seep into the post. Its not very long so with the assistance of a prudent Park tools buy, the BB was out snip-snop leaving clear access to the seat tube.

I predict a long evening with a hacksaw blade.

c040b98b256fecb762f3258cbd1ee892132ce8b6_800x700.jpg

Re:

Nice one.
Please don't hacksaw the bugger out! It take fifteen years, 34 blades and it still may not work.

Get a car sponge, 50p, tear it open like a pitta bread and wrap it round the frame local to seatpost, tie wrap/garden wire it in place.

Then blast half a can of this....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PH-Crack-It-S ... 48429368c7

onto the sponge, and some down seat tube if BB is out.
Give it 2-3mins and wrestle the post out either in vice or massive spanner round the post top, kinda rock/jerk it rapidly, you should get a 'bang' initially, then slowly work it out.

Worked every time for me. Cannot guarantee success for you.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What is it with konas and stuck seat posts, I bought a 93 lava dome and seat post was stuck solid,it took a week of oiling and heating to remove. Very nearly had the caustic soda trick.
The guy I bought it off said I would never be able to remove it. Challenge set.

What are your plans restoration or just a tidy up?

Every 'old' mid range Kona I've had has had a stuck post.

If I can get the post out, it will be a tidy up. Current cosmetic condition is a 5.5 out of 10 but the forks will need a respray as they are 3/10

Here it is sans stuck post but with stuck stem..

Heavy!

Not sure what to do with it yet. Might transpose the lot onto an interesting Saracen I have waiting to pounce.

Attachments

• kona.jpg
    kona.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 671
Back