Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:34 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:54 pm 
Retro Guru

The fact that the seller is genuine shouldn't make a difference from ebay's point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:12 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

sorry to hear that the bike was a stolen item! :(

hope you get your money back, or perhaps even the bike. as the bike has been missing for over a year, you'd think the original owner filed an insurance claim on it and got compensation for the loss already.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:04 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Hmmmm, not cool, hopefully this gets resolved and you don't lose out twice!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:24 pm 
Retro Guru

RockiMtn wrote:
you'd think the original owner filed an insurance claim on it and got compensation for the loss already.

Good point!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Bullpup wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:
you'd think the original owner filed an insurance claim on it and got compensation for the loss already.

Good point!

Yea but if you had a Dekerf for 16 years wouldn't you happily give the insurance money back to have it back? I know I would.

Besides once he knew about it turning up - he was pretty much obliged to do something - if only to cover his own ass with the insurance company since he owns a bike shop.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:36 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

secret_squirrel wrote:
Bullpup wrote:
RockiMtn wrote:

Good point!

Yea but if you had a Dekerf for 16 years wouldn't you happily give the insurance money back to have it back? I know I would.

Besides once he knew about it turning up - he was pretty much obliged to do something - if only to cover his own ass with the insurance company since he owns a bike shop.

not necessarily… not everyone holds items on the same level of regard. depending on the money that was given in compensation, maybe he was happy to upgrade to a new DeKerf or other bike? i'm sure he got a decent amount back given DeKerf is still in business and charges mucho mula for a frame.

anyway, i just threw that out there just to give you perhaps a tiny glimmer of hope. ;)

that being said, regardless if he cared for it back or not, clearly it had to be reported in case the police could nab the original perpetrator. :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:04 pm 
Retro Guru

You are the innocent in this and it really is up to the chap you bought it off to reimburse you and in turn claim back from the person he bought it off.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:27 am 
Retro Guru

Bullpup wrote:
The fact that the seller is genuine shouldn't make a difference from ebay's point of view.

Just heard from Ebay today - full refund given due to the fact that the item wasn't as described ie it was Stolen :shock:
To say I am gobsmacked is an understatement. I had the money written off given that the other guy was innocent and I had made a collection rather than it being posted. You hear so many bad things about Ebay not sorting things out and acting randomly that I thought there was no chance.

I do say innocent but in a email he sent me recently he said he only paid £300 for the bike - so I think he should have been a little bit suspicious. Although the same could be said of me......

Really tempted to close my account so they cant take it back again!

In other news - there is a more modern Dekerf shaped object in the shed - pictures to follow. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:58 am 
Dirt Disciple

Wow thats an awesome turn of events!!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:01 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

That is excellent news.

I was going to offer you my Implant frame, but I'm kinda having second thoughts about selling it now, so it's great you've found another DeKerf.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next