Titanium Wheeler "Beater SS"... Build suggestions Please =)

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So... I have this Titanium wheeler frame kicking around... offered it locally to several ppl I know and they all turned it down... so I decided to make it into a little beater bike project... Probably going to go SS with chain tensioner or might get lucky with the max-match trial and error chainring game...

Just thought I would post some pics for fun to see if anyone has any suggestions... (right now I'm working on sorting out a steer for the switchblade fork as this one is too short...

What do you suggest? So far I'm set on using these levers and probably canti brakes... soo... ?

Get that tange fork off there and lift with your knees ... that thing might hurt ya :p

Seriously ... Go 1x8 ... nice set of Vs, maybe a good set of SIDs. Should come in around 19-20lbs. Mine was 17 and change with the trigons and I didn't really try to make it a weight weenies bike. Super fast, but hard on the ol' spine.

Could also do 650bs and canti brakes if they will fit. It was close on my frame ... I woulda gone that route if I could.

Back