1983 10 spd Puch Mtb - Mountain Jet

gregor

Dirt Disciple
Anyone care to date this?

From searches on here I'm getting 1983 but that seems a little early?

The bars,crankset and shifters caught my eye,so bagged it to strip but it actually rides rather well.

Apart from a little surface rust on the chrome it's in good nick.The steel bars and hubs give it a heavy feel,the wide Sumo rims are almost unmarked.

King Ace Pro tubing :D that's a new one on me.Ditto the Tracer crankset.The Suntour Spirit and GT front and rear look and work nice enough.

It looks rather cool anyway,in a utilitarian kind of way.

14990445022_5bb604838d_b.jpg

14804280687_ff957eb6be_b.jpg

14829900259_736f896cce_b.jpg

14829931539_4fd7255818_b.jpg

Re: Early 80s 10 spd Puch Mtb - Mountain Jet

Now that is a proper retro looking mtb! :)

I've seen Puch branded bikes at some super markets here in Sweden recently. I'd pick yours over them in a heartbeat! :mrgreen:

Nice find . 83 is about right, you can find the year dates on the levers & the back of the brake arms. The front mech is Spirt which operates in reverse to normal as its a road mech.

just jacques":1ifgr8ng said:
Nice find . 83 is about right, you can find the year dates on the levers & the back of the brake arms. The front mech is Spirt which operates in reverse to normal as its a road mech.

Thanks for that,it does indeed have 83 stamped on the brakes.

I wondered about the front mech,it has a very nice action.

Now then, I know this is a long time ago… but I had a Mountain Jet in 85 me and 2 mates all got them for Christmas 🎄 they were the first proper Mountain bikes and awesome made with proper kit!!! Heavy but mega… trying to find one 🤔😉

Now then, I know this is a long time ago… but I had a Mountain Jet in 85 me and 2 mates all got them for Christmas 🎄 they were the first proper Mountain bikes and awesome made with proper kit!!! Heavy but mega… trying to find one 🤔😉
There's one on eBay UK right now.

Latest posts

Back