My New (old) Rocklobster/Amazon project

Sharpy

Old School Hero
Hey there,

Just bought an Amazon/Rocklobster frame and I'm looking to build it up to a nice bike! Havn't got a lot of experience in building bikes, and this will be my second build, so as always I could do with some help!

I've yet to receive the frame, but heres am picture of it from the previous owner:

Rocklobster_zpsf07acc17.jpg

The first decision of mine is to decide what color I should get the frame & forks powdercoated, so far, the only componenet I have for the bike is a pair of Dia Compe SS-7's in purple, and thus, would like to continue this theme around the bike, however, I dont really want it to be the main colour, so I was thinking maybe black F+F's, yellow decals and purple canti's and levers?

Hope you enjoy the ride! I'll post updates as I progress :)

Re: My Rocklobster/Amazon Build!

Just been googling colour combos, what do people think of a teal green color?

Thanks

Re:

Frame arrived on Thursday and I snapped some pics of it before sending it off to the powdercoaters, sorry for the dreadful quality, courtesy of my phone. Regardless...

4c46e76eaecae329ffea416df34b0b5a.png

def0b19ba0a3b94a739ea4fb11357520.png

With regards to a colour, I went for another green, similar to this:

2939a9477da3a3476683f190375c60c4.png

Any opinions or thoughts so far?

Cheers :)

I'd go for a brighter colour than present so the green you link is nice

Looking forward to this. Glad it's gone to a good home.

coomber":efrf3ums said:
I'd go for a brighter colour than present so the green you link is nice

Looking forward to this. Glad it's gone to a good home.

Thanks Coomber, I'll be sure to keep you updated!

Still not received the frame yet, changed the colour to black as I thought it would be cleaner and easy to match components, in terms of components, what headsets do people recommend for a budget of about £40?

Thanks

Back