1992 Diamondback Apex - back to the future

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Here we go again! :oops: NOS Brake levers are a start, eh?

p2pb11290811.jpg

More early nineties tinyness awaits - my first 'proper' MTB was built up around a very basic '92 Diamondback Camarillo - I now have something very similar but much nicer on the way . . . watch this space . . .

Hopefully I can hang onto this one long enough to finish it :roll:

Re: 1992 - back to the future

Ha ha, not with my budget :LOL: and I'm impatient - plenty of time for upgrades later just like back in the day :cool: . SS5s were my staple though back then, lasted through my Camarillo, polished alloy unbranded build and '96 Cinder Cone until Vs took over.

SS-5's are alright man, I never liked the sloppyness of Dia-Compe levers compared with shimano but they were lightweight & had quite a nice feel/modulation compared with Shimano's.

You can't go wrong with a 90's Diamond Back either, I loved my 92 Apex.

Re:

Sean's been dissing everyones SS5's today ;) :LOL:

That was a strong price for the Apex, lovely little frame though :cool:

:LOL:

Yep, been watching the frame for a while Adrian but got a good deal on the wheels too so pretty happy - doesn't look like it's had a lot of use. Now just need to save up for the original DX mechs (no way can I justify the price of the thumbies though :shock: ). It'll be another singlespeed for me for now.

mamadirt":1eem3b6d said:
:LOL:

Yep, been watching the frame for a while Adrian but got a good deal on the wheels too so pretty happy - doesn't look like it's had a lot of use. Now just need to save up for the original DX mechs (no way can I justify the price of the thumbies though :shock: ). It'll be another singlespeed for me for now.
Don't be shy with the pics of the build.

I thought it a strong price, too - but you don't often see them in the smaller sizes, and it did look pretty clean.

Never had a 92, I've got a 91, and 2 x 95 Apexesssess, plus a 91 and 92 Axis.

Back