Dave Lloyd - BEEZ NEEZ

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Some of you may have spotted a post in the 'how much' section a week or so ago; I stumbled across it quite by chance (or was it fate), anyway, today a box (of sorts) arrived, and very well packed inside was a 1992 BEEZ NEEZ.

It needs some TLC, but that never puts me off... it makes me poor, but doesn't put me off.

So a couple of pictures to be going on with while I ponder colours and speak to Mark at Argos Cycles.

Sorry for being coy Gio, but this was the reason for my recent question.

DSC_0154_zps512948ea.jpg

DSC_0152_zpsbf441d7e.jpg

DSC_0150_zps8afef6ef.jpg

Re:

Good man, I knew you would take it. What does the dent look like? Will it require repair? Did you not take the fork as well?

Cheers
Matt

Re:

Very nice indeed, I had a feeling you'd take this when the 'what's it worth' thread went quiet. Looking forward to watching the progress.

Re:

I don't think I made it a secret that I was interested in the frame. :mrgreen:

I got the Pace forks as well and have also asked the seller to keep an eye open for the original forks and stem, which are possibly still in his dad's garage somewhere.

The dent in the top tube is not nearly as bad as it looks, although it does have two much smaller brothers, and a slight crimp where the front mech mounts on the seat tube. More worrying is the head / top/ down tube junction. The head tube looks straight, but there has been an 'incident' and both the down and top tubes are very slightly deformed. This will be the major subject of conversation when Mark and I meet up, as I can think of one repair option, but as Argos are the experts, I will be guided by them.

Other than the repairs and a new coat of paint, I have no other thoughts regarding the build yet.... but however it goes together, there is very little chance that canti brakes will be involved. :mrgreen:

Re:

You don't sound one bit concerned! Fair play. I think those Pace forks coloured matched with the frame will look good. What is the axle to crown measurement on them?

Cheers
Matt

Re: Re:

dnbmatt28":ys1c0fy9 said:
You don't sound one bit concerned! Fair play. I think those Pace forks coloured matched with the frame will look good. What is the axle to crown measurement on them?
I'm not concerned at this stage, as it is either economic, realistic or uneconomic to repair the frame. I know others who have had a lot more work done.

Colour matching is an amazing idea, I'd not though of that, but it would be very DL.

They are 3rd Gen RC30's so the A to C is 420. RC35's from 92 have an A to C of 390, so I don't think 30 mm (just over an inch) will really make any odds, especially as the BEEZ is not really a hard riding machine, I have other bikes for those duties.

Re:

I too was concerned about the marks on the top and down tubes; I had similar on my Bromwich after a hard front end impact. Nothing that can't be sorted with a bit of time (and money) though :)

Re:

I pretty much knew what I was walking into, what I didn't know was how much damage I was looking at.

As it turns out, it's not so bad, especially given the rarity of BEEZ.

BTW does anyone know where Wadsys BOTM BEEZ went.

Re:

I thought that might be the 420 version, I think it will work well, if its similar geometry to my Lloyd then the BB height is relatively low allowing for a front end lift - like Ringo's does, the Pace having a sharp rake shouldn't cause issue with the handling. I can certainly picture it.

Back