1995 Breezer Venturi - Finally!

Mr. Zero

Senior Retro Guru
Well, I've had this frame hanging on the wall for god only knows how long. Found a little motivation yesterday to strip the majority of the kit from my '94 RB-1, which is feeling a little tall to me these days, and popped it onto the Venturi. You'll find the result below.

Frame: 1995 Breezer Venturi 48cm (53cm tt)

Fork: Reynolds Ouzo

Headset: Chris King 1"
Stem: Control Tech Ahead Road Stem 100mm 0deg 1"
Handlebar: Profile Ergo 42cm
Grips: Cinneli Cork
Barends: NA

Brakes: Cane Creek BRS200 SL
Brake Pads: Cane Creek
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: NA
Brake Levers: Shimano Ultegra STI

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra STI
Front Derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS SP
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 9spd
Chain: Shimano IG
Cranks: Ritchey Logic 172.5
Crank Bolts: Shimano
Chainrings: Ritchey 39/53
Chainring bolts: Ritchey
Bottom Bracket: TNT Titanium 108mm
Pedals: VP

Hub Skewers: Generic non-QR aluminum nut / steel bolt
Rims: Mavic Reflex SUP
Hubs: Real
Nipples: Wheelsmith Aluminum
Spokes: Wheelsmith DB
Tyres: IRC Redstorm Classic 700x23c K
Tubes: Specialized Airlock

Saddle: Sette Nyx
Seatpost: Control Tech Control Post ATB
Seatpost Binder: Integrated bolt type

Weight: 17.8lbs

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Hi,

Now, i dont get excited by road bikes. But that is stunning! :shock:

Cheers,Al

Really cool :cool:

As above, road bikes don't normally do it for me either - but I'm liking that an awful lot.

Thanks all around. I've not had much interest in road bikes for quite a few years, but it seems that the bug is coming back. After many years of riding mountain bikes exclusively I suspected the Venturi would feel good with its low stand over height and sloping top tube. It makes sense that it would as Joe designed it as a road bike for the mountain biker. To the best of my knowledge it was one of the earliest road frames to utilize the "fastback" design which was later popularized by Schwinn. Another is the Bontrager Road Lite (which I also happen to have on the way ;) ).

Mr. Zero":3igxpza9 said:
To the best of my knowledge it was one of the earliest road frames to utilize the "fastback" design which was later popularized by Schwinn. Another is the Bontrager Road Lite (which I also happen to have on the way ;) ).

Zero that is Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. Question: Is that a breezer sticker wrapped around the fork, or is it painted to match?

BTW, I think ONCE riding Giant's cheater bike frames in the Tour had more to do with sloping top tube designs than Schwinn ;)

Mr. Zero":12o9cbo8 said:
Thanks all around. I've not had much interest in road bikes for quite a few years, but it seems that the bug is coming back. After many years of riding mountain bikes exclusively I suspected the Venturi would feel good with its low stand over height and sloping top tube. It makes sense that it would as Joe designed it as a road bike for the mountain biker. To the best of my knowledge it was one of the earliest road frames to utilize the "fastback" design which was later popularized by Schwinn. Another is the Bontrager Road Lite (which I also happen to have on the way ;) ).

fastback design? what is it?

Back