Trek 800 Sport (oops this is a 99)

22TheAve

Dirt Disciple
I bought this on an online auction for cheap, not long ago, this bike is the catch all from the stuff originally on or what I bought for my Haro extreme build (shimano deore DX stuff) That didn't make the cut, I have all my frames powder coated free through work when we have custom color batches i throw a frame etc. I sand blasted in with the work stuff, and its all included in the batch price so it doesn't cost my boss anything more and its free for me. This frame is smaller than I typically go for, its a 19.5" frame, I usually go for 21", but this is a hop on and ride/functionally easy to manage size. I put the origin 8 stem and high rise Wald handlebars on with new shifters and KLOUD comfort grips. I'm going to put nice sturdy black fenders on it with a rear luggage rack and black material bags and make it a commuter/fishing bike with a vertical rod holder in the back area. I have 1.4" Michelin Wild runn'r slicks on it. Still need tubes and rim strips I'm going to put the mavic rims that were on the haro on this as well. I have a large chain ring coming...

Attachments

• trek10.jpg
    trek10.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 866
  • trek9.jpg
    trek9.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 866
  • trek8.JPG
    trek8.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 866
  • trek6.JPG
    trek6.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 866
  • trek5.JPG
    trek5.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 866
  • Trek1.jpg
    Trek1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 865
  • trek3.jpg
    trek3.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 865
  • trek00.JPG
    trek00.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 861
What a transformation! Look very BMX-ish on the last shot. I like the new colour but the decals look a bit too new to me? :p

Re:

Hey Thanks, Yea I felt sorry for it and saw a different life for it, and its better than new now. Yea they're newer stickers, but i don't care.. :cool:

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":2iqwtrj9 said:
Are you minnesota's eccentric bike man? :LOL:

Haha... Yea maybe I am now, I've only lived here a couple years. I was actually born at RAF Lakenheath there in England and grew up in Orange County CA USA, moved out here to be by family..

Back