My "Modern" Rocky Mountain Twins...

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yea... I know... they are ever so slightly newer than 1997... but I'm posting them here anyways just for fun :D

Besides, most of the parts on the Vertex t.o. are what I would put on my pre-1997 Rockies anyways :D

Just thought someone might enjoy these... the last time two bikes like this were together was probably at the dealer back when they were new... if even that...

Sweet! I also had that 99 Vertex TO and a Turbo Ltd from the same year. It's nice to see one again in such good condition. Sadly I only kept that Vertex only one year, but replaced it with the 00 Vertex TO which I still have. :D
My 00 is in pretty rough shape and has only 3 original parts on it now, but it was a great racer in those days!

Here's a pic of my old Turbo which I sold last year...sorry, probably should be in the road forum but thought it would be a nice comparison to the team model above.

Attachments

• TurboLtd1.jpg
    TurboLtd1.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 487
Thanks! Nice turbo! Yea, I'm more into the oldies but these are still retro enough in my books =)

wow! amazing twins!
the Solo il something of magic...
but that vertex, vith that paint-scheme, that xtr an Raceface components were on of the rare bikes that I dreamed when I was at elementary school...really really really good bike :)

Mine is not the same color though, it's a limited edition, so grey/red candy. I have only ever seen 1 other in the same color.

rocky2.jpg

Back