Haro Extreme

22TheAve

Dirt Disciple
Here's another one of my project bikes, It's an early 90's Aluminum Haro Comp Extreme. I bought it for $150 In Southern California a few years ago. The only thing original on it now is the frame and seat post. I've replaced everything with brand new Shimano Deore, Ritchey, Hope, and Cane Creek equipment. Its my favorite bike I have so far. I have replaced the rock shox Judy forks with Girvin Vector forksand will be adding the Risse Racing Shock sometime... I still have some stuff to purchase/finish but you get the idea. I had continental Race King tires on it, I I think I'm gonna go with the Kenda Slicks, being that there are no trails here in Minnesota worth riding where I moved a couple years ago. Plus I weigh 260lbs and I would rather not crack the frame riding it hard... I know some guys out there are REALLY into keeping bikes original, I'm definitely not that way, most of my bikes are changed somehow. I can't leave anything alone, i'll buy something brand new and see it my way and change it. Then it feels correct to me. Anyway, questions comments welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Haro0.JPG
    Haro0.JPG
    171.6 KB · Views: 876
  • Haro1-1.jpg
    Haro1-1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 876
  • Haro3-3.jpg
    Haro3-3.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 876
  • Haro5-5.jpg
    Haro5-5.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 876
  • Haro6-6.jpg
    Haro6-6.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 876
  • Haro7.jpg
    Haro7.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 876
Re:

Like! Like! Like! :D what a great looking machine, I think the Girvins work well and the clean crisp finish makes it look a bit swishl indeed. :)

Re:

makes it look a bit swishl indeed.

How many sherries have you had already. :p

I'm liking the monochrome thing, a black chainset, pedals, saddle and rear mech will look great on that and I've always liked the look of Girvin forks. :D

Very nice build! I'm currently building my own Haro Extreme Comp 91. How does your bike handle with the girvin forks? If I remember correctly, these frames are not suspension-corrected.

Re: Re:

xerxes":3iucyldi said:
makes it look a bit swishl indeed.

How many sherries have you had already. :p

I'm liking the monochrome thing, a black chainset, pedals, saddle and rear mech will look great on that and I've always liked the look of Girvin forks. :D

Hey thanks, yea I bought a shimano deore hollowtech 2 crankset in gray because it has a black large chain ring, I'm gonna buy the same crankset in black and take the large gray chainring off an swap em put the black set on the haro and the all gray set on the trek bike I'm doing. Plus the black deore rear derailleur and maybe a ritchey seat, I already have really cool lookin black rockbros pedals and I need a chain and the risse racing dampener I can't wait to ride it....

ultrazenith":2m7uranu said:
Very nice build! I'm currently building my own Haro Extreme Comp 91. How does your bike handle with the girvin forks? If I remember correctly, these frames are not suspension-corrected.

I haven't ridden the girvin forks yet, I bought a set on eBay anodized all the aluminum black and had the forks powder coated with the frame Jersey Cream.i looked into the Girven forks on this frame and there are a couple guys out there that have done it without problems. I know it came with the rock shox Judy fork with little travel and these Girvin forks only have an inch and a half travel if I remember right. I don't know much else about it to be honest. This bike is sort of a conversation piece/nostalgic and I'm not going to beat on it.. It's to ride with my wife on the bike trail and have the bike I always liked so much. I'd like to see yours though!

Back