1985? Otis Guy

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
So some of you have seen this on Facebook or VRC but figured I would post here as well.
As far as I can tell, thanks Eric, this is a 1985 Otis Guy. The paint is so thick on the BB that I cannot make out the SN but have emailed Mr. Guy to ask if he can shed some light.
Except for the rear tire(it now has a matching Spec GC on it) the bike seem to be 100% original.
2nd Gen Phil Hubs(thanks Hollister)
Phil BB
Shimano 600 RD
Deerhead FD and Shifters
Suntour Levers-Mismatched
Magura grips?
Specialized bar
I have been looking for a mid 80's fillet bike, mostly after a Ritchey, but the ones that I have come across have always felt or been too small.
This Otis Guy seems to fit perfectly.
I am having to replace the front bearings on the hub as they are worn out and will have to replace the front brake cable but that is it. After that I will leave it the way it is and ride it.IMG_3954 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr
IMG_3956 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr
IMG_3955 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr
IMG_3959 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr
IMG_3958 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr
IMG_3957 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr
IMG_3960 by lawrencejobe, on Flickr

Re:

Lovely work on that frame :cool:

Is that an Aheadstem on top of a threaded headset??

Re: Re:

jimo746":2ok9i9yf said:
Lovely work on that frame :cool:

Is that an Aheadstem on top of a threaded headset??

Yes, not sure how it is done but I know early Ritcheys used the same system on their Bullmoose bars.

xxnick1975":3v2bch7g said:
Really nice and different. What's the ride like?

Thanks for sharing, this ace machine

Thanks.

It rides kinda like a cruiser, not really a mountain bike but not a comfort bike either.
I have only ridden it around the neighborhood so far, getting the hub bearings replaced at the moment, so as soon as i take her off road i will provide more info.

Back