Klein Attitude MC2 Sea & Sky 1995. Updated with pics

Yetidh9

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I was so lucky to finally get my hands on a Attitude that I have been trying to get for some years now... A Sea and Sky attitude. My favorite paint job.

I just got it tonight so dont have many specs on it yet. 1995 model with the standard Sea and Sky pain sceame. It got the original UniKlein fork (yes!!) that is in very fine condition. The frame itself has a few samller dents on the toptube from leaning against stuff (It has a history where it has been stolen and been picked up by the police after a few years on Christiania in Copenhagen... so have most likely been living some years in pusherstreet). It also have some paint issues behind the crankbox, drop ends and some cratches. So its in used conditon. It has been sold from Cykelklubben i Copenhagen and has a Danish swrial number besides the Klein number.

Came with the following specs:

XTR m900 sti, rear and fron meshs
Onza brakes
Race Face compact chainset
Race face XY seatpost
Xtr m950 hubs lased to Mavic 121 ceramic and Revo spokes.

I have not yet made my mind up on how to build it. But most of the parts are ok. But the RaceFace post and the crappy seat are gonna go allready tonight as well as the Continental 1½" rubbers...

really looking forward to build it - and ride it!

Attachments

• first look mesh rims.jpg
    first look mesh rims.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,417
  • first look brakes.jpg
    first look brakes.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,416
  • first look front.jpg
    first look front.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,417
  • first look 1.jpg
    first look 1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,417
Re:

Stort tillykke med den flotte cykel :)

Super flot lakering og med udstyr der matcher...... Hvilken størrelse er rammen?

- - -

Congratulations with this new handsome bike :)

Nice paint-scheme and parts that match..... What frame size is it?

K.

Re: New Klein Attitude MC2 Sea & Sky just landed in the garage

Thanks for the kind words... Will upload some more pictures. I have to meassure sizing exact... but I fits like a 17-18". Will update all specs and parts soon!

Re:

RIDE PICTURES ---- RIDE PICTURES ---- RIDE PICTURES---- RIDE PICTURES

Some pics from the first ride and some post ride pics after my second ride on it...

Attachments

• post ride 4.jpg
    post ride 4.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,219
  • post ride 3.jpg
    post ride 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,219
  • post ride 2.jpg
    post ride 2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,219
  • post ride 1.jpg
    post ride 1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 2,219
  • ride 2.jpg
    ride 2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,219
  • ride with selfie.jpg
    ride with selfie.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,219
  • ride full.jpg
    ride full.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 2,219
Well, now it have looked, admired and ridden the thing. So its time for some thoughts on how to go on with the build:

The frame has some serious scratches and corrosion under the first 3-4 cm behind the BB.. So there is no way that it could get into showroom condition... Im not gonna leave the frame as it is for now and enjoy ridning it. If the paint start to bubble in a few years I may change my mind on this...

This means that I will tune my build in after this ambition. As such its first and foremost gonna be a) rideable, b) back to its former glorry and shine and b) historic correct. Any comments on my suggestions for such a parth would be very welcome.

a) Rideable:
In order to be fully rideable it needs some new parts (let me know if you have a good offer):
a new right hand xtr m900 shifter pod
a 11-28 or 12-32 XTR or XT casette
new cables
Update the Panneracer Smoke and Dart II rubbers. They cant take the beating in the sidewalls. Any suggestions for some large volume blackwalls (Deathgrip lookalike) that I could put on?

b) Back to glorry
The Onza brakes needs a workover. New hardware?!
New grips
Fork top cap
SRP kit and new bolts where they have started to rust... I started out with two m6 for Sti mounting and two m5 for the pods-to-sti...

c) Historical
get rid of the BBB pully wheels and put in some 7400 or m900
Find a nice Ringle Moby post or a syncros (I have put on a Thomson tempoarely..)
A original flite (not the gel version its on now)
Crankwise I need to ditch the RaceFase as it is a compact drive... I would be very happy to find a Topline or Grafton (also topline) in black or silver
Wheelwise: Hubs needs to be changed to. Im not really sure if I should go of a set of silver Supersuper eight or find myself a set of indestructable xtr m900? Any 32holes Silver superduper out there? Dont know if I should find myself some lighter rims. The 121 are nice but a bit bulky...

Any suggestions are welcome... Remeber it should be rideable and dont need a showroom considition parts...

Summer is falling and I had quite a number of very nice rides on the Attitude. Now its gonna be time to bring it into the workstand a start to make some of the changes and restorations that it deseves. Moby post and a full leather Flite is waiting along with some general TLD

Hers is a link to the ridereport that I made after the first few rides:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=301713

A rider and a nice story. Never mind the dents in the frame but ride it the way ist meant to be. After 7 years i rode mine the first time real off rode and what have I missed.......

And Sea and Sky in original paibt is such a beatyfull color, honing to vind myself a 22" Sea and Sky sometimes.

Have fun and ride it!

Cheers,
Martin

Thanks Martin. I will lookout for a 22" Sea/sky for you. Have a friend that at the moment considers selling out (pun intended!) some of his Kleins...

Back