1991 gt team avalanche

mtbdave

GT Fan
Feedback
View
Thought I will make a quick thread about this gt team avalanche I recently bought off fellow retro bike member Tc.

It arrived with everything but a seat,grips and it needs cabling up

All I did yesterday was put on the correct gt seat for it and change the stem from a tioga one to a gt flip flop one (I hope to get this painted the same in the future)
The only other changes will be a pair of mavic 231cd rims with a mavic front hub and a shimano rear and a change of tyres.

Photos;

Re:

I love it !

I'm just putting together a 92 Avalanche at the mo , but the headset is jammed so that is my next project this week.

Fantastic old bus !

When I swapped the stems over from the tioga to the flip flop,and the zero degree rise it looked like It was a different bike!

It looks faster with out moving (If you know what I mean!) fingers crossed I can get it painted the same but I think if I can't it doesn't look that bad with the black stem with the black post.

I really liked the white avalanche too, both were too expensive for me at the time (being 12!)

Re:

No two ways about it, it's a cool bike

Polish the silver, get some nice amber walls on it, cables, grips and you're done.

Makes Zaskars look like cheap tat.....

Just (I hope) managed to bag some gt waffle style grips which are correct for this bike.
Was looking for some amber wall megabites (to no avail so far) so getting there!

The tubing is all shapes the top tube starts oval then round then flat! Amazing what they could do with tubing

Yes this bike I saw it and instantly fell in love with it,so much so I still remember it now,was just the same with the rts-1 I have too the aluminium with the black chrome rear end and design was like something from another planet.

Back