Got a stripey diamand!!

Robbo1987

Old School Hero
Hey guys, just picked up this diamondback and was wondering what it was worth roughly, I am not too sure whether to keep as the frame is on the smaller side.

Can anybody also help with the standard spec etc as i plan to get it shiney n original before it goes

Attachments

• diamondback 2.jpg
    diamondback 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 251
  • diamondback.jpg
    diamondback.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 251
Looks like a 91 Ascent EX.

If so, spec would have been: AVR double butted frameset, Araya RX7 rims, predominantly Deore LX groupset.

It is indeed a '91 ascent ex - had one of those.

Full Deore LX groupset, black avenir finishing kit, tyres were Tioga Wonder Dawgs I think.
Only the front triangle was double butted I think.

From your photo it looks like seat seatpost seat QR and pedals are the only thing non-standard on that.

smokey_jo":39alrsjk said:
It is indeed a '91 ascent ex - had one of those.

Full Deore LX groupset, black avenir finishing kit, tyres were Tioga Wonder Dawgs I think.
Only the front triangle was double butted I think.

From your photo it looks like seat seatpost seat QR and pedals are the only thing non-standard on that.
Re: the bit in bold, it was double butted throughout.

I still have a 91 Apex (same frame as the Ascent EX, that year (as well as a 91 Axis, and 92 Axis, and 2 x 95 Apex), and the 91 brochure. The Ascent EX had a full AVR frameset in 91 - some years, lower models also used AVR tubing (eg Topanga) and it's true that in those examples, it may have only been the front triangle, but not for the Ascent.

Back