Caution...road content! RW Racing with Mavic/Campy

rody

BoTM Winner
Hey guys,

Thought I would post up my daily rider road machine. Since John has been busy collecting parts for his Merckx, I thought I'd post a few pics to show him what classic road bike parts are all about :p

Seriously though, I built this frame up in the early 90's when the shop was still called RW Racing and spent a few years collecting my old racing kit back up. It's now my daily road ride and is a joy to see the current techies gaze in wonder at the components and state, "I've never seen anything like those before!"

Here's the build...

Frame: Mix of first generation 853 (pirated from Treks dumpsters ;) ,) True Temper OX3, and 4130 with Breezer dropouts and painted in metallic charcoal.

Fork: Easton Carbon aero blade

Headset: Interlock Racing Designs threadless

BB: Interlock Racing Designs sealed bearing

Crank: Mavic

Derailleurs: Mavic

Wheels: Mavic 501 FW with Mavic Open 4 hoops, Conti tires

Freewheel: Sachs 8 speed

Brakes: Campy Record Delta brakes

Levers: Campy Record Carbon/Ball Bearing Ergopower

Stem: Salsa

Saddle: Flite

Rides like a bullet (when I've got the legs :LOL: ) and is a lot of fun.

Attachments

• Grove and Rw bike 013.jpg
    Grove and Rw bike 013.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 3,832
  • Grove and Rw bike 014.jpg
    Grove and Rw bike 014.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 3,832
  • Grove and Rw bike 010.jpg
    Grove and Rw bike 010.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 3,832
more pics...

Attachments

• Grove and Rw bike 015.jpg
    Grove and Rw bike 015.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 3,830
  • Grove and Rw bike 012 (2).jpg
    Grove and Rw bike 012 (2).jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 3,830
Nice ,

the Mavic chainset is the best looking chainset ever . Same for the brakes .

Nice Rody, very nice. Not being a roadie myself I saw a bike with brakes like those at a flea market and was intrigued enough to go for a closer inspection, whole bike was a little tatty but I could tell the bits were well made. By the time I got back to work and identified the brakes (thanks to the stw forum) the bike was sold. He only wanted £20 for it :-(

Ouch Steve, too bad we often don't recognize opportunity when she knocks :(

But...you know from now on ;)

cheers,

rody

Campi Delta are the nicest brakes ever made .

they still fetch a lot of money on ebay .

and they are nice to use too . a bit of a nightmare to set up if I remember well .

Lovely build Rody, looks just the ticket. Think the campy / mavic mix is a winner :D

Thanks John, can't wait to see your road project finished up...I'm sure it will be lovely :D

rody

rody":2dbebjlv said:
Thanks John, can't wait to see your road project finished up...I'm sure it will be lovely :D

rody

Cheers Rody. So near yet so far. All it needs is cables and bar tape, as it has done for the last couple of weeks. Damn the nice weather for making me ride my bike and damn all the televised sport :D

Back