Ugo51's Cinelli Rampichino II

Ugo51

Retro Guru
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share a couple of picture of my second MTB (which is actually my first...).
This is the bike I keep home, in Italy.
I don't know what year is this. It was bought second hand in the early 2000s so it might be late '90s or so.
It's Cinelli Rampichino II, quite a rare model, although not as precious as the "I" model, which is famous for being the first MTB manufactured in Italy.

Anyhow, I love this bike, no matter what :)

It's just unfortunate the fork is so low quality.
A year after I bought it I had the fork refurbished but the job lastet few months at best.
So basically I've been riding it with a broken fork ever since.
Not a big deal because I don't do heavy off road (not the right bike for that kind of stuff), however I missed something by riding it like that.

I don't know what kind of fork it mounts. I've never seen any oil coming off the seals, so I guess it's an elastomer fork, or something of that sort.
Looks cheap quality to me, which is a shame because the rest of the bike is much much better.
I guess it's another Ducati story all over :roll:

At the moment I'm looking around to see if there is a suitable fork to fit. It's not going to be easy, as I'd like to keep the rim brakes and not to go on a disc. Too modern :mrgreen:

IMGP2582_zps73623931.jpg

IMGP2581_zps6a6a80bc.jpg

Back