Some of my bikes and a few wee bits

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Here's a few of my bikes for your (hopefully) viewing pleasure. Got my Bontrager from Don (octsoc) a few months back and its currently stripped awaiting a new paintjob. The Marin is my hack bike purely for mincing about on. My friend had a '92 when i first started getting into biking and i thought it was a cracking looking machine so i couldn't resist buying this one. And then there's the most recent acquisition, my Kona Hot Stars and Bars. Just arrived yesterday morning and its my pride and joy already. Had been annoying Steve to sell it to me for nearly a year now so when it came up there was no way i was missing out. Looking for some opinions as to what to do with the gold stuff in the pics though as i had originally intended for it to go on the Bontrager but having it sitting beside the Hot i think it would look good on there as well.

Stew

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 2,314
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 2,313
Another

Hope you guys like them despite the odd non retro component in the mix :D

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,310
Lovin' the Marin and the Bontrager :cool:

Never been a big fan of Konas, but that looks sweet, gotta like the stars & bars.

Nice collection! ;)

I know where there is an Eldridge Grade sitting unused in a shed, exactly the same as that! Its not been used for years! Brings back memories. :D

Hey Stew,

Use the gold components for the Hot. That would look very smart. The Bonty needs black/ red... IMHO.

Nice Marin BTW

Cheers.

Did that Hot used to belong to an MTBR member by any chance? Sure I've seen those P2s before... :cool:

Very cool, I want one sooooooo bad.

Funny thing, didn't realise you bought Don's Bontrager. I was talking to him about swapping it for my smaller Race at one point, but I was in England at the time and the bike wasn't! :LOL:

Edit: The Marin looks very smart too, one of my favourite years for Marins. That stem needs to be on your Kilauea though... :p

Bikes

Glas you like them lads :D :D Yeah Steve I think the gold components will be going on the Hot along with a nice Judy FSX i acquired a couple of weeks ago. I've got a few more gold bits as well so i'll need to try a couple of diff builds and make sure i dont overdo it with the bling. They're all by no means finished. I seem to spend a lot of time building and stripping bikes to get them the way i like hence i've only been out on the Bontrager and the Marin a couple of times each. As for that stem on the Marin Geoff, that's definitely just temporary, got a Control Tech stem enroute to me just now, thats why the cable are a bit of a mess as i had to leave a bit of length to accomodate the rise on the new stem

I try to avoid negative remarks, because everybody has their different taste and mine is no better than anybody else's, but as this is a serious matter I am moved to say that those gold items would look absolutely terrible on either of those noble bikes. They would probably look great on a plain white frame or a plain red frame, but you've already got lots of colours in the Hot colour scheme anyway and you don't need to add any visual competition. A stars and bars Hot frame is quite enough for the eye to take in and in my view will suffer from any attempts at embellishment. I must say that to me it looks pretty obvious that the designer of the colour scheme had in mind that it would be complemented by a complete XTR grey groupset.

No offence meant.

I like the Marin too.

My first 'proper' mtb was a Palisades Trail of that year, I always thought the flat gray and silver looked damn sexy.

I'm also liking the marin, you should mock up the hot with some of the gold and post a pic.

Back