1991 Brodie climbMax Custom ... pretty cherry with Gators!

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just picked up this 1991 Brodie climbMax. I actually missed out on the black one RockiMtn scored with Manitous. Pretty rare to have two early 90s Brodies show up for sale in Ontario in the same month! I broke my spending limit on a retro bike for this, but I think I still did really well. The bike is in great shape with mostly garage blemishes on it.

The bike was a custom order from Paul in 1991. It has some interesting tubing mods. All the original parts are still on it save the tyres. Its trail ready right now, with everything working perfectly, but I would like to make some cosmetic changes to it and clean it up a bit. Most of the blemishes you see on it are just mud and grease.

Frame: 1991 Brodie climbMax Custom Order

Fork: Brodie Gator

Headset: Ritchey Logic
Stem: Control Tech 1st Gen
Handlebar: Scott AT-3
Grips: ODI

Brakes: Shimano XT 734 front, SLR XT U Brake Rear
Brake Pads: XT
Brake Cables: XT and XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: XT
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic

Shifters: Shimano 732 XT
Front Derailleur: Shimano LX
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 735
Derailleur Cables: XT
Cassette: XT
Chain: Sachs
Cranks: Ritchey Logic
Crank Bolts: Ritchey
Chainrings: Ritchey
Chainring bolts: Ritchey
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR m900
Pedals: XT 730 and XT 737 SPD

Hub Skewers: Ringle ... maybe
Rims: Araya Pro
Hubs: XT 732
Nipples: ?
Spokes: ?
Tyres: Being Changed :D
Tubes: ?

Saddle: Selle Turbo
Seatpost: Syncros 1st Gen
Seatpost Binder: ?

Attachments

• Brodie Climbmax 4.jpg
    Brodie Climbmax 4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,441
  • Brodie Climbmax 3.JPG
    Brodie Climbmax 3.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,441
  • Brodie Climbmax 2.JPG
    Brodie Climbmax 2.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 1,450
  • Brodie Climbmax 1.JPG
    Brodie Climbmax 1.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 1,444
  • Brodie Climbmax 5.jpg
    Brodie Climbmax 5.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,438
Very nice! I missed both brodies... oh well... I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next one... either that or strong arm both of you into selling me one of them ;)

What size is it? Rocki's looks like it has the head tube height of a 19.5 but it's an 18 (I think)

what about yours? ...

Re:

I love this, congrats on getting it :)

jimi911":2p7drjhj said:
Just picked up this 1991 Brodie climbMax. I actually missed out on the black one RockiMtn scored with Manitous.
i'm open for a swap. ;)

now the real question is, who picked up the 1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard with the Syncros Powerlite for for $80 last night???

RockiMtn":132ttqy4 said:
jimi911":132ttqy4 said:
Just picked up this 1991 Brodie climbMax. I actually missed out on the black one RockiMtn scored with Manitous.
i'm open for a swap. ;)

now the real question is, who picked up the 1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard with the Syncros Powerlite for for $80 last night???

Yowza! Where was that one listed?

shutter":1govm0xn said:
RockiMtn":1govm0xn said:
jimi911":1govm0xn said:
i'm open for a swap. ;)

Yowza! Where was that one listed?
your neck of the woods. i was betting you had snagged it. so not you, then who??? :?

posted and gone in a few hours yest. by they time i got a reply, already had someone coming to pick it up. hence why i thought maybe it was you.

RockiMtn":dztfokki said:
posted and gone in a few hours yest. by they time i got a reply, already had someone coming to pick it up. hence why i thought maybe it was you.

Hmm I usually am fast to those adds... Oh well.. Enough thread high jacking =)

Let's see some progress on the Brodie! =)

Re:

I missed that Rocky Mtn to and that mint looking 1988 Avalanche for $50! I am batting about .200 on the amazing deals. They come up every so often, but they are tougher to snap up. There was also a $50 Klein Pinnancle last summer and a $50 1991 Explosif I just missed. There are always lower end diamondbacks, konas, etc. floating around, but a lot of those are $50-100 and than another $300-500 to get them on the trail.

This wasn't a giveaway deal, but getting a custom Brodie with Gators in this shape is tough to get. I could never of built it for what I paid for it. Probably not even find one!

This thing needs really nothing. I am going to change the tires obviously. I'll try skinwall, but blackwall may actually look better. I have a nice set of Ritchey Mega Bites that would match the other ritchey parts. Other than that, I'll tidy up the cables, put a XT 735 front derailleur on it, and swap out the Scott bars for flats. Maybe a syncros stem, but that's nit picking.

Back