1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Encounter: SWMBO's New Build

Dossa

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Picked up this '90 Dyna-Tech Encounter a few weeks ago off Gumtree - was in dreadful condition and looked like it'd be dredged up from the Mersey :oops:

However, £30 for a Dyna-Tech is hard to refuse and, after mulling over what to do with it for a while, its going to be rebuilt for SWMBO as a bridleway/towpath beast :D

Will be a bit of a retro-mod build and wouldn't be the route I'd take if it was to be used for myself, but should work a treat for Mrs Dossa. Probably be a 1x7 with ahead stem (using a quill/Ahead convertor), short stem, risers, V brakes, slicks etc. Will also eventually be fitted with a child seat to transport baby Dossa around 'n all :mrgreen:

Original sellers pics via flickr:

screenshot tool

upload a gif

post images

photo upload sites

take a screenshot

post image online

picture uploading

image hosting 10mb limit

how to screenshot on windows 7

And a couple of pics of the only other ones I could find on here - a bit of inspiration for me :D

image post

image hosting 10mb limit

Cheers,
Matty :D

Re:

Couple of parts been added:

Mavic M231 CD rims on DX hubs - after being unable to sell them here, SWMBO has duly benefited with a super tidy set of hoops.. :D

Schwalbe 'City Jet' 26x1.5" slicks (amberwall of course..!) will keep things rolling.

NOS Kalloy UNO (26.8mm) seatpost fitted along with a female friendly Avocet saddle.

So, up to here as it stands:

capture screen

screen shot on pc

pic hosting

photo uploading websites

image hosting over 10mb

image upload no limit

picture uploader

screenshot tool

image hosting 10mb limit

I think I've wedged in a 135mm OLD wheel into a 130mm space but hey-ho.. :D

Will update ''as and when'' :D

Cheers,

Re:

Bit of an update on this, not too much longer on this I hope :D

Was always going to be a bit of a retro mod build, so in come the risers and V brakes from CRC

Crank Bros Cobalt 2 riser:

photo hosting sites

image ru

Avid FR-5 brake levers:

20mb image hosting

Shimano Acera M422 V Brakes ----> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... -prod34700

Bontrager stem, £1.04 off eBay:

img host

As I was keeping the original forks, I picked up a Zoom 1 1/8" quill to ahead convertor:

image ru

Ritchey Logic 1 1/8" threaded headset:

upload pics

Deore DX rear mech picked up from here for £8:

upload images free

:D

Re:

Semi-assembled state now:

image hosting adult

img hosting

free screen capture

picture uploading

upload pic

free image uploader

Need some headset spacers, a right hand thumbie as well if anyone can help?

Got some nice cranks of sherylock - Deore LX M560 along with my spare Surly 36t ring and X-lite crank caps. M-PART sigle speed chainring bolts fitted. Got a spare SRAM PC-870 chain to go on, too.

UN55 bottom bracket on the way as well from CRC - 68mm x 113mm as according to Sheldon to fit M560 cranks.

screen capture

free image host

And some Oury grips and alloy flat pedals:

adult photo hosting

Hopefully done in the next week or so! :D

Cheers,

Re:

Great job :cool: thats come up really well , its amazing how they survive and even after years of neglect can scrub like that .
Paul

Back