Mountain Goat Deluxe restauration...

wtb_rider

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTY Winner
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hello Guys

i´ve bought a nice Frame set nearly 2 years ago from roly and now has come the time to share the work i and a couple of nice fellows had to get the Goat back to the mountain top.
I was excited to see a 16" deluxe goat so i had to buy it and so i did.
It was in a worse condition like the follwing Pics will show:

it was pretty clear that there will be a lot of work.
to be continued

Re: MG Deluxe restauration...

Be interesting to see which direction this takes. Subbed.

^^ Knew we'd have this visitor :LOL:

How are you intending to address the paint damage ? Same as a car bodyshop ?. clean it out and around then spray and feather in :?
Or new decals and a full on paint restoration

Re:

Hello

My intention was to save every possible inch of the original paintjob. Luckily the airbrush pattern on the frame were in an okay condition, just a few chips here and there.
So the main work would be to recreate the celest fade paintjob arround the pattern. The pattern would be left just as it was, with the chips and all the other damages. I'm not trying to make the frame as shiny as possible... i'm trying to save the soul. So the new paintjob will not be perfect, and you will always see that the frame had a former life.

The next step is to bring on a new bottlecage-thread. I got some help from other forum fellows. One built the thread and the other brazed it on the frame.

Take a look:

To be continued.....

I absolutely love this machine. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Re:

because i´m not a big Fan of non working suspension Forks, i had to look for a nice fb fork matching the frame, and also a stem, because i thought the original beautiful mg stem might be a litle too short.

because of the oval top tube i´ve guessed that a grove lve might be a nice piece matching the maintube and the wishbone. at first i thought i apply the spare potts type II and the grove bar stem combo i had in stock.

but then i was told the potts will not be the right choice for this frame and i found outthe grove combo was too long, so i was loking for something elso to come my way.

with rhe help of very nice friends of mine i found a shorter grove combo and an nice fb fork from a frameset which was sold without the fork. The buyer did not seem to wat the fork and the owner wanted to keep the stem, so the frame was gone and i got the nice light fb fork.

unfortunatly the combo was cut down to 40cm and the fork steerer tube was too long so both had to go to the doctor to made it fit. combo is now again 56cm wide the the fork fits in the frame.

so far so good
cheers

Back