'93 Ritchey P-21 More Pictures Added

lewisfoto

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
My riding buddy john shocked me the other day with the announcement that he had bought a new bike and was planning on selling the Ritchey P-21 he has been riding since about 1995. I tried to talk him out of selling but in the end just could not let it go to some stranger on Ebay so I begrudgingly agreed to buy it

How altruistic of me...

The bike remains largely as built 20 years ago with Shimano Deore XT mechs, Ritchey Logic chainset, XT thumb shifters, and hyperlite bars. The original brakes were swapped at some point for modern Cane Creek. It has had several wheelsets over the years and currently I have two both with XT hubs, one has Campagnolo hoops the other WCS. The bike also came with several sets of tires so I have some choices there.

Anyway here are a few quick pictures with better ones to follow.

Attachments

• sf.Ritchey p-21 2 web.jpg
    sf.Ritchey p-21 2 web.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 1,790
  • sf.Ritchey p-21 4 web.jpg
    sf.Ritchey p-21 4 web.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 1,790
  • sf.Ritchey p-21 3 web.jpg
    sf.Ritchey p-21 3 web.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,789
  • sf.Ritchey p-21 1 web.jpg
    sf.Ritchey p-21 1 web.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 1,789
Re:

It was a very wise decision to buy it ;) Now enjoy it.

Like it very much and its exactly my size :D

Re:

Cool :cool: Good to see another one.

I would get that decal erasing saddle bag off though :shock:

There was a guy that got in touch with me from the States with a pair of NOS Ritchey Logic brakes he was prepared to sell when I was looking. I sourced some locally in the end, but if you want some period correct cantis, I can give you his name if you PM me.

BTW - there can be only one choice of tire:

:mrgreen:

Re: '93 Ritchey P-21

Uncle Buck your bike is going to be stunning,

Wonder why the Ritchey decal on the bottom of the seat tube is different on mine if they are the same year?

At any rate yours is in so much nicer shape. I wish I had this bike for the Patina BotM cause it has a lot of wear.

Re: '93 Ritchey P-21

First impressions from the trail are that the bike is very nimble, as you would expect from such a light tubeset, and felt very stable when seated. It did tend to get sketchy if you put too much weight on the front particularly in technical sections but I quickly learned to compensate by transferring the center of gravity a bit further back. Interesting that the riding habits gleaned from the Wicked Fat Chance made me tend to weight the front even though it also has quick steering. The Ritchey saddle is very comfortable and I really liked the thumb shifters.

Here are a few detailed pics:

Attachments

• P-21 8 web.jpg
    P-21 8 web.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,673
  • P-21 6 web.jpg
    P-21 6 web.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 1,674
  • P-21 5 web.jpg
    P-21 5 web.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,673
  • P-21 4 web.jpg
    P-21 4 web.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,674
  • P-21 3 web.jpg
    P-21 3 web.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,674
  • P-21 2 web.jpg
    P-21 2 web.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,674
  • Ritchey P-21 1993 1.jpg
    Ritchey P-21 1993 1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 1,485
lewis1641":4gnvyao2 said:
lovely. i would love to ride a Ritchey

+1

Just in order to compare it to my Logic tubed, Logic shod bikes.

Why can't I have a riding buddy like yours ! :mrgreen:

Mike

A very nice P-21 indeed and the wear only adds character to the bike imho and i imagine you'll find yourself out on the trails enjoying it quite abit now that you've saved it from the bay ;) ..

Back