1992 Klein Adroit

Skynet

Senior Retro Guru
Finally starting to get the parts together for my '92 Klein Adroit I bought from Kleinman early this year.

Around the same time I also bought the wheels I'll be using from Kingroon, he had them on his Ti Fat Chance. NOS Campag Sthenos 32h rims on NOS Nukeproof Bombproof hubs with Sapim DB spokes and NOS Nukeproof Ti skewers. They came with re-issued Smoke and Darts.

Basically sticking with silver for components. Have the M900 rear mech and the front, NOS levers/shifters and Critical Racing (probably) canti's are on their way. Not sure which chainset yet but probably Syncros Revolution if I can find one. But won't be paying silly money so that might change.

Here's a pic of the frame Kleinman took, will update with some of my own.

Attachments

• Adroit_07.jpg
    Adroit_07.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,866
Re:

Always good to see another crop up!, is it original 92 paint and graphics?

I'm after a 117 axle, if you need a different size please let me know and perhaps we can do a deal.

Looking forward to seeing it build up.

Cheers, Ash.

Re:

I think the paint's original, very nice colour(s) either way.

I was planning on finding a chainset to go with the bottom bracket rather than farting around swapping it, not got the Klein tools for it. So that's basically Revolutions or Crank Bros RSR from what I've read, unless I went more modern like Tune Big Foot (probably easier & cheaper!).

Not sure if it will be ready for next month, would be good if it was but depends on the chainset. Not got a seatpost yet either but could put a modern one on for now if need be. Both on my list in the wanted forum.

Bought these cantis for it today, the seller was lead to believe they're either early Critical Racing (do look similar to pics I've seen) or Crystal. Will do some Google'ing tomorrow.

Marc

Attachments

• Cantis001.jpg
    Cantis001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,818
Re:

Its a respray, probably a klein respray. Logos and fork logos are the give away.

Hope you can make it for next month, even bringing it along after the ride as we will have a little display of bikes, frames, parts etc!

Re:

Yeah, it looks very nice. Prob a respray done by Klein in the mid nineties. Is it a flat blue or has it got a metallic sparkle to it?

Storm Attitude looks great! Seems I am not the only one who can't resist buying!

Re:

Beautiful colour, looks like a single blue color sea & sky?
I like!
If uou are interested, i have a critical racing silver in excelent condition.

Re: Re:

F.R.O.":37wm32j7 said:
Beautiful colour, looks like a single blue color sea & sky?
I like!
If uou are interested, i have a critical racing silver in excelent condition.

Thanks. If you mean brakes then some are already on their way now.

Re: '92 Klein Adroit

mmm the more i look at kleins the more i want one,,,,,i remember the first one i saw many years ago had the splatter paint job and those big chunky forks,,,,maybe my next bike..
love the colour

Back